The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Campsites For People With Dogs??

Had a look on the calendar Trac and we will be there around the 29th July because that is when the West Somerset Open is :thumbsup:

*Lesley* said:
Had a look on the calendar Trac and we will be there around the 29th July because that is when the West Somerset Open is :thumbsup:
I wondered if this would be when you would be going. We missed it last year, booked a narrowboat, and didn't realise the dates had clashed. Think I'll have to get the diary out :- "

Just seen Rae reading this and thought I would edit to say.....

Someone else must have written my post earlier Rae, I would never say you were "odd" 8) :b o:)

Last edited by a moderator:
TC you are already booked in then 8)

I'm off to plant some fake / secret passageway trees now.

TC said:
*Lesley* said:
I wondered if this would be when you would be going. We missed it last year, booked a narrowboat, and didn't realise the dates had clashed. Think I'll have to get the diary out :- "

Someone else must have written my post earlier Rae, I would never say you were "odd" 8) :b o:)

We went for the open but ended up Spry not being able to run as she'd just come to soon out of season :(

But had a fab time anyway, if you come down at the same time as us we could go for a spot of Polo , talliho :*

Make those passages extra wide and tall, Rae :lol:

*Lesley* said:
TC said:
*Lesley* said:

We went for the open but ended up Spry not being able to run as she'd just come to soon out of season :(

But had a fab time anyway, if you come down at the same time as us we could go for a spot of Polo , talliho :*

Make those passages extra wide and tall, Rae :lol:

OMG Lock up your :wub: boy :wub: , we're booked in (w00t)

We only watched the polo during the lunch break in the whippet racing, but hey, I'm game if you are :wacko: :- " (w00t)

*Lesley* said:

Change of plan, Andy can't have his holidays then :( so we are now going down at the end of May, not a problem missing the open we were going to see Rae and gary anyway but would have been nice for everyone to be there, we will be at cornwall last week in August for the opens so hopefully will see people there :D

Higher Trevaskis in Connor Downs near Hayle in Cornwall is dog friendly, we've had our 3 there. There is nothing to do for kids & no entertainment like a club house or bingo which is why we like it. There are miles of beach about a 10 min drive away at Gwithian Towans. Lots of sand dunes (& bunnies :- " )

At the other end of the country is Irthing Vale at Brampton (near Carlisle), a group of our dog club descended on them last summer with about 20 dogs between us. There wasnt anywhere within walking distance but loads of walks a short drive away. Hadrians wall is very near & the Lakes are not too far away.

Higher Trevaskis in Connor Downs near Hayle in Cornwall is dog friendly, we've had our 3 there. There is nothing to do for kids & no entertainment like a club house or bingo which is why we like it. There are miles of beach about a 10 min drive away at Gwithian Towans. Lots of sand dunes (& bunnies :- " )

At the other end of the country is Irthing Vale at Brampton (near Carlisle), a group of our dog club descended on them last summer with about 20 dogs between us. There wasnt anywhere within walking distance but loads of walks a short drive away. Hadrians wall is very near & the Lakes are not too far away.

JT I'm glad you posted this about the site near Brampton, we visited Brampton in October last year (only on a night's stopover, on our way up to Scotland) and think Brampton is a lovely little town.

We were wondering about taking our caravan there, so we will definitely have a look at that site :thumbsup: where are the walks you took your dogs on, near there please?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back