The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Can Anyone Rember Some Off These Dogs From Past

whippeteerThe1st

BOBBY FANTASIC
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
singon.jpg

PIC9-15.jpg

PIC8-19.jpg

PIC7-24.jpg

PIC6-30.jpg

PIC5-32.jpg

PIC4-38.jpg

PIC3-43.jpg

PIC29-1.jpg

PIC28-1.jpg

i havent got a clue but......how wonderfull it was to look at them.....thanks for sharing.

last ones ,,,would love to see home made photo,s off the past ,,, :thumbsup: if anyone got any,,,,as mine were from magazines its not quite the same :thumbsup:

pic1-56.jpg

pic2-48.jpg

pic3-41.jpg

pic5-30.jpg

pic6-28.jpg

pic7-22.jpg

pic9-13.jpg

21.jpg

pic1-57.jpg

brill :thumbsup:

wow loved them more please makes you proud to be in a sport with such a great history :wub: :wub: :wub:

thanks enjoyed lookin at those reconise one wich was steve batson sadly missed . with mr benn

I remember will hay he raced at Sandwell wrc on sun and in week nights at chasewater greyhound track run against greyhound and beat them owners name was cowdell brother or cousin to boxing champion pat cowdell :thumbsup:

your right dart as far as i can gather will hay ,,,,was whippet racer/ greyhound racer / and hare courser ( he was everything rolled into one dog ) :thumbsup:

pic10-17.jpg

pic1-57.jpg

thanks guys for comments,,,,,i can put loads more on ,,,,,but i want pll,s to get there home photo,s out,,,,off the past off some off the dog,s

there,s storys to all those dogs i put up ,,,,,,but my fav is IRISH TINKER ,,,he was basically sold ,,,but owners had to go collect him from the kids in the street,,,,as he was a whippet that saw himself as a pet to the whole street, a stray if u like

but when i saw his photo,,,,i bet he was a really good dog as a pet other than racing to have around as part off the family

21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're brill Bob :thumbsup: Is that Joyce and Chris Slater in one of the pics?

I used to run at the Newmarket track when l was a young girl, before the track moved to George Lampton playing fields :))

realy enjoyed them looking forward to more please :D :D

last ones ,,,would love to see home made photo,s off the past ,,, :thumbsup: if anyone got any,,,,as mine were from magazines its not quite the same :thumbsup:
pic1-56.jpg

pic2-48.jpg

pic3-41.jpg

pic5-30.jpg

pic6-28.jpg

pic7-22.jpg

pic9-13.jpg

21.jpg

pic1-57.jpg
know irish tinker had pup out of nip called wildbill mother was grattan bawn those were the days proper whippeteers nothing was to much trouble even if they were your immediat competition sure wendy &steve remember those days sadly missed

what a blast from the past i knew and have raced againstso many of there good dogs when i had my great Viv Pet

saw wendygo get her titles great dog

at knipton open was hywood penny owned by lady ann hillwood

sidewinder who the sidewainder trophy was raced for

my old friend Dougie Tarpy with all the maids starting off with maid marion his first dog

haymaker and sing on both dogs i used as stud dogs to my bitches

and my old and dear friend who over the years had so many good races was brian cooper with little mary

also peter fritton with good as gold

such wonderful times we had then all sportsmen shook hands and said well done after each race win or lose

those were the days but today has its good dogs some the likes you may never see again

i deemed it an honour to have met and raced against these great dogs and their owners

it was so nice to see these old ones again

don syson

you can probably remember some of there great grandfathers syko lol ;)

Sidewinder was same litter as Cobhouse Wish (trophy run for at Worcester annually) owned by Albert Linsey (my dad) and Mrs Peel owned by the treasurer of Worcester in the 70's Vic Childs .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back