The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Looking to Adpot Can you help us find our new friend?

Discussion in 'Rehoming and Adoption' started by WooflyWooflington, Oct 14, 2020.

1. WooflyWooflington

WooflyWooflington New Member Registered

Hi there

We are looking to adopt a second dog and have approached all the rescues we know of, with no response currently (i know things are not running as normal!) I was wondering if maybe posting here someone could alert us to a different way to search or may know of a suitable dog. We are not in a rush so to speak but when you have the room and have decided you want another dog, the thought of a dog being in kennels when they don't need to be isnt nice is it!

Current Situation : 2 adults 2 teenagers 14+ (they are currently only with us at weekends but that's likely to increase, both are dog friendly and experienced with how to behave with dogs) We own our home and it has an average sized secure garden, with a bigger open field literally 20 seconds away and long country side walks all round. We have a 10yr old JRT cross who in typical terrier style doesn't act like a 10yr old at all, so we would ideally like a dog that likes a good walk! Rocket is neutered and up to date on injections. We have had him for almost 3yrs. He is very dog friendly and has many dog friends in the park but I think he would really love a live in friend.
    Work wise we are currently wfh, definitely until March but likely to be given the option to be permanent, which I would take. If we were to go back to the office which is unlikely we did have an excellent dog walker who is insured etc. We have no requirements of a dog other than Rocket loves them (which will be an easy win) we are not the most experienced trainers but willing to put in the work needed.

We are happy to wait and see if anything comes up at an established local rescue but would love any advice or ideas anyone may have :)

2. Store
  3. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

Would you consider a lurcher, and have you approached Lurcher Link? Forever Hounds Trust is another good rescue organisation, though I'm not sure where their dogs are based. I think both of these rescues are rehoming at the mo - if emails don't get a response you could try their FaceBook pages.

Biker John likes this.
  4. WooflyWooflington

WooflyWooflington New Member Registered

I will take a look at those thank you!

JudyN likes this.
  5. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member Registered

Try Rescue Remedies they have lots of different breeds ...based in Gatwick. ..they rehome all over the country. ..good luck ;)