The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Canine epilepsy - new drug pexion

jeano38

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am asking for some advice regarding epilepsy

My 3 year old whippet girl Bo has since Sept 2011 been having mild seizures - it started with her acting strange and scared and almost trying to run away from herself, This for 12 months was diagnosed numerous times by a Vet as a probbelm with her bowel and they kept blaming her diet as I feed raw food inc chicken wings she kept saying that one hadnt been digested properly and was causing her stomach complaints !

It was only in June/July that she had what we call her first proper fit which resulted in her foaming at the mouth, panting and running on the floor , so hard to describe as is very upsetting. We now realise that all those other time she was having a petimal absence

Since then she has had a couple more mild seizures of just the foaming and panting and a few of the full blown ones where she collapses and goes stiff and running.

Looking at the calandar we have done she has 1 every 2-3 weeks and as the last one was the worst we have made the decision to start her on medication. She was spayed a few weeks ago as we were advised that this may control hormone levels and may help, but sadly it hasnt.

The Vet has recommended PEXION rather than Phenobarbatol due to the possible kidney damage, long term use of the current drug and need for frequent blood tests etc.

Has anyone else had this receommended to them or have some comments they would like to make negative or positive I really am open minded.

We start the drugs today once the results of her recent blood tests are back to check her organ function.

I look forward to hearing from anyone please

:- )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back