The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Car harness

Sarahjs81

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello

Can anyone help? We have an 11 year old Dalmatian who doesn't travel well in the car,she paces back and for and cries the whole time. She is in the boot behind a guard. We have now got a 12 week old Dalmatian that we want to teach to travel well, he is deaf so can't hear the older dog but we don't want him to see the older dog to pick up her bad habits. The only thing we can think to do is to put him in the front of the car away from her. This seems to be proving difficult as every harness we have tried he has got himself tangled in or he can reach the driver. Any suggestions would be very helpful

Sarah

I use Bergen Harness for both my Whippet and my Shih Tzu.

Ok will look that up. Does it restrain them well and would it be suitable for the front of the car? Obviously with air bag turned off

In the front the only problem is it uses a short webbing strap with a carabiner on each end. One fits to the dogs harness the other normally clips round the child seat fixing points. If the cars seat belt anchor is suitable you would be able to fix it to that.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back