The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ch Nevedith Justa Jesta

BeeJay

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've just read on a US whippet list that Ch Nevedith Justa Jesta died on December 30th. They reported that his death resulted from a series of strokes.

Thats a shame he couldnt have been very old, around 8-9 I guess. People used to say he was too big but I used him and Edith put the measure on him while I was there, just under 21". He did have a long neck and was well boned so I think some folk put two and two together and made 24!! His movement was a joy to watch.

He was one of Alfie's Great Great Grandparents... it's sad to hear this :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesta was 11 years old. I think he was a great dog. Jesta descendants are found in the breeding programs of dozens of English and international whippet kennels.

Karen, Did Edith have the stick in a hole !!!!!!!!! :oops: Justa joking!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

No but there may be one for you with that inflamitory remark (w00t)

Please Miss , What does IMFLAMITORY mean? :eek: L O L Jax

How did you quess I like ///?

Another nice one gone to the o:) 's in the sky.

Feel proud to have one of his sons on my sofa as we speak :wub:

Maybe its me being extra dim (no comments from the South) OR was it meant ascerbically - BUT surely if the stick was in a hole he must have been less than 21inches

ive just read this & my dog has got some nevedith reletives great guy, up & away nut cracklin, ch paper weight , apple scrumpy , are these anybodys reletives? :teehee:

:( I knew Jesta had been sickly recently but I never knew he had passed away.

One of my bitches is his daughter.

And my Male is very Justa litter bred.

R.I.P Ch Nevedith Just Jesta

This is very sad news.

He was a lovely lad and I remember that a while ago, Edith, Nev, and Editha helped a young lady do a project for her photography PHD. This involved us taking a group of dogs to Sheffield to have them photographed by her. She then overlaid each picture on top of the other and you could see clearly how strong a sire Jesta was. I remember on the day how well Jesta performed. His strengths have been passed onto his offspring in the excellent confirmation and movement which they have. Jesta laid his imprint on his stock very well, you don't need to view a pedigree to see if Jesta has anything to do with it, it is so very clear.

Of course, I am biased as I am very lucky to have one of his sons who has inherited many of his dad's traits including his very special temperament. He is a very sad loss to our breed.

Does anyone have a picture of Jesta they can post on here - or know of one I can see on the web?

I'd love to see him as he is a relative of our pup :)

See , Karen ,you shouldn`t jump to the wrong conclusions, :clown:

Dawn , love your new avatar , I guess it`s one of you taken over Christmas! :oops: Did you get the criique I sent?

Wow! That could be Alfie... very similar! :) Handsome chap :D

He was a very expressive dog. I took some portraits of him as well. One of these will be on show at the Folkwang Museum, Essen, Germany in a big show on Animals in Art. Not till September 2005 though. The piece is called "I know what you're thinking". Jesta is the last dog on the right. The others are Carole Neale's Ch Walkabout Warwaggon of Stormalong, Stormalong Black Iris and my dog Terence.

View attachment 1095

Are you a professional photographer, stereowhippet? Or a hobbyist/artist?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back