The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Challenge. Fastest On The Fens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What a pathetic & paraniod place the poachers pest site must be new members have to be vouched for ... Get bent & get a life

Why don't you get back to discussing the topic, instead of slagging off The Poachers Rest.
Thing is, I've heards loads of folk going on about members of the poachers rest slagging K9 members off.

Hunting life forum is saying something similar.

Maybe you'd be better moderating your own site instead of coming on here telling others what to say.

I've heard they only got about 50 members on poachers pest & there moderating team are constantly hounding members with messages

yes thats what i have heard too robdog!!! everyday there is a message to all members threatening that if they dont behave, post regularly, grovel or not to diss them on other sites you will be deleted...oh by the way there is a much longer list of do`s and dont`s to adhere too!!!
poachers rest!ha!what a site! :angry: they banned a mate of mine for no reason and when my other mate had the audacity to ask why they said and i quote 'we dont have to give a reason, we dont want his type on here'

the 'type' my mate is a policeman!lol! he also happens to like going hunting with his guns and dogs and for that he was made welcome till they found out what his day job was!pathetic!still its their loss :thumbsup:

oh and they also banned the friend who asked why his mate had been banned too!!!!!!!!!! (w00t) muppets!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pathetic & paraniod place the poachers pest site must be new members have to be vouched for ... Get bent & get a life

Why don't you get back to discussing the topic, instead of slagging off The Poachers Rest.
Thing is, I've heards loads of folk going on about members of the poachers rest slagging K9 members off.

Hunting life forum is saying something similar.

Maybe you'd be better moderating your own site instead of coming on here telling others what to say.
What's point in that jacqui they only got A few members & flat paps is a moderator of some sort (w00t) They have to come on here to talk to folk lol ... And do there advertising

My friend treerat was wiped off for no reason, well I say no reason, gallagher stated that he could tell the difference when judging a working lurcher class, between a working dog and a non working dog.

Heres what he stated

there are a few giveaways such as most real working dogs hocks when felt give the game away as you can usually feel scars on them, obviously other marks around the face or up the front of the front legs , and in the show ring often a look of boredom, although non of these are a sure fire way, in the ring, a non working dogs owner usually has show slips on the dogs, they themselves are covered from head to toe in realtree or tweed or if women jodpurs and boots with the obligatory body warmer and they have a dog for nearly every class.Another give away is when you are judging and they bring the dog into you they all insist on telling you that it either caught a rabbit last night , or it is a 4yr old offspring of a dog you once owned that died 19yrs ago.
On reading another topic about a mating of 2 lurchers, treerat (Ali) noticed the gentleman holding the 2 dogs looked very smartly dressed, she made a comment saying this, and jokingly asked "Have you just come back from a lurcher show :lol: "

The next thing her accounnt was deleted :blink:

Cliff

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) should be fun ill pm u di for more details. :thumbsup: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend treerat was wiped off for no reason, well I say no reason, gallagher stated that he could tell the difference when judging a working lurcher class, between a working dog and a non working dog.Heres what he stated

there are a few giveaways such as most real working dogs hocks when felt give the game away as you can usually feel scars on them, obviously other marks around the face or up the front of the front legs , and in the show ring often a look of boredom, although non of these are a sure fire way, in the ring, a non working dogs owner usually has show slips on the dogs, they themselves are covered from head to toe in realtree or tweed or if women jodpurs and boots with the obligatory body warmer and they have a dog for nearly every class.Another give away is when you are judging and they bring the dog into you they all insist on telling you that it either caught a rabbit last night , or it is a 4yr old offspring of a dog you once owned that died 19yrs ago.
On reading another topic about a mating of 2 lurchers, treerat (Ali) noticed the gentleman holding the 2 dogs looked very smartly dressed, she made a comment saying this, and jokingly asked "Have you just come back from a lurcher show :lol: "

The next thing her accounnt was deleted :blink:

Cliff

that really made me chuckle..... (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) :teehee:

I loved the "quote" (it actually quite describes me in most way - but then again ..... my dogs work my fields..... i own horses so do wear jods and a gillet (or padded waitcoat & tweed) and i like to own a nice " leather show lead" ;)

wouldn't think there would be many non-peds if any would want to, reads like a couple of amateurs trying to bait non-peds in a pathetic challenge to enter into something they are not trained to do, sounds like they are grasping at straws to get some entries into a dodgy event even the way you have to enter sounds dodgy and to have it on when one of the biggest events in the whippet racing callendar is on :wacko: " anyone found a brain lying around"

wouldn't think there would be many non-peds if any would want to, reads like a couple of amateurs trying to bait non-peds in a pathetic challenge to enter into something they are not trained to do, sounds like they are grasping at straws to get some entries into a dodgy event even the way you have to enter sounds dodgy and to have it on when one of the biggest events in the whippet racing callendar is on :wacko: " anyone found a brain lying around"
there will be a lot of non peds there they like to race at lurcher shows

roger

roger

roger
doubt it very much

(w00t) IF THEY STILL THINK THAT THEY'LL GET MANY NON-PEDS THERE, THEN MUST BE MORE THAN ONE BRAIN LYING ABOUT! EH! LINDA? (w00t) :wub:

I am sure there is a lot of none ped whippets that are already running with the longdogs week in week out ..these dogs have probably never seen a none ped racing track ever

As for our registered none ped whippets i am in agreement with many that have replied to this topic "you'll be lucky if anyone chances there dogs on unknown tracks and opposition "

Good luck to all that enter hoping you all have a great time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back