Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JAX

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hope you dont mind me doing this Nikki as I thought some folk would prefer a `private` vote :huggles:

It would be better if only UK exhibitors voted . many thanks

and NO Im not taking it to Ronnie either :lol: , ( should it turn out a Yes ) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Done my vote, but would still like to know what others think to RCCs counting towards CH too. Say 3 RCC equallling one CC. Then a dog unfortunate to be campaigned at the same time as a truly great multi CC winner would at least get a chance. It must be quite an achievement to get 3 RCCs and 2 CC for example, to be made up.

Pauline

Having been there with a gsd winning 2 cc,s & 5 res cc,s,i have to agree with Maggie on this one,i think so many cc,s (maybe 3)should equate to a cc,but i think that a dog must have won a cc to become a champion :thumbsup:

alfyn said:
Having been there with a gsd winning 2 cc,s & 5 res cc,s,i have to agree with Maggie on this one,i think so many cc,s (maybe 3)should equate to a cc,but i think that a dog must have won a cc to become a champion  :thumbsup:
I agree - I had the same with a GSD. 2 cc's and 3 rcc's

I think if it's the last one they're waiting for, 3 reserves should count as a cc. We all know that some judges take pleasure in making a dog up whilst others delight in preventing it!! (JMHO!)

alfyn said:
Having been there with a gsd winning 2 cc,s & 5 res cc,s,i have to agree with Maggie on this one,i think so many cc,s (maybe 3)should equate to a cc,but i think that a dog must have won a cc to become a champion  :thumbsup:

After having one of my dogs win 2 CC's & [SIZE=14pt]11 RCC's [/SIZE] before finally gaining that elusive 3rd CC i have to say i agree totally (w00t) and yes he was consistently beaten by the "top dog" in the breed at the time who i think ended up with over 20 CC's

its really hard and must be frustrating to be campaigning a dog at a time when the breed record holder is taking ticket after ticket,i know cos i campaigned a dobermann when ch.sallates ferris was winning everything and ended up the breed record holder ;)

nina said:
alfyn said:

After having one of my dogs win 2 CC's & [SIZE=14pt]11 RCC's [/SIZE] before finally gaining that elusive 3rd CC i have to say i agree totally (w00t) and yes he was consistently beaten by the "top dog" in the breed at the time who i think ended up with over 20 CC's

EXACTLY -IT IS SO UNFAIR WHEN THIS HAPPENS...AND OF COURSE LESSER DOGS MAY GET MADE UP WHEN THE COMPETITION IS NOT QUITE SO HOT.

A RCC means that in the judge's opinion the dog is still worthy of champion, should the Ch be disqualified so it would seem a much fairer system. No need for a champions class then and the achievement still as great as at present.

Pauline

55 votes so far , makes for interesting reading too :cheers:

ive put my vote in :thumbsup:

i think that x amount of res cc,s should also count as a cc :thumbsup:

I personally don't think a champions class would make any difference to dogs becoming champions unless suggesting that a dog is only able to win 3 CC's as a Maximum, Then what about Best of Breed is the CC winner only eligible to win this? I think this would devalue the champion status and should be avoided.

Interestingly, 43 different whippets won a CC in 2007 according to Dog World,

20 different *bitches & 23 different dogs. So I don't think that you could suggest that one dog is stopping other becoming a Champion to such a degree that a champions class is needed. (Smaller numerical breeds may be different)

However, I do tend to agree that RCC's should accumulate to a CC, something like a 3 to 1, as once you have won either a stud book number or a RCC they are not of any great value as they stand at the moment.

kris said:
its really hard and must be frustrating to be campaigning a dog at a time when the breed record holder is taking ticket after ticket,i know cos i campaigned a dobermann when ch.sallates ferris was winning everything and ended up the breed record holder ;)
Crumbs your going back a little now, I know Ferris.

*Mark* said:
I personally don't think a champions class would make any difference to dogs becoming champions unless suggesting that a dog is only able to win 3 CC's as a Maximum, Then what about Best of Breed is the CC winner only eligible to win this? I think this would devalue the champion status and should be avoided.
Interestingly, 43 different whippets won a CC in 2007 according to Dog World,

20 different *bitches & 23 different dogs. So I don't think that you could suggest that one dog is stopping other becoming a Champion to such a degree that a champions class is needed. (Smaller numerical breeds may be different)

However, I do tend to agree that RCC's should accumulate to a CC, something like a 3 to 1, as once you have won either a stud book number or a RCC they are not of any great value as they stand at the moment.

Have to agree with you Mark and as your facts point out there was no dog/bitch 'holding' anyone up really. Surely we would like to aim to be the best and beat the best and when those CC's are won they are worth it. But IMO perhaps we should be looking at the RCC situation if anything needs changing, as you say.

I am amazed of the number of 'yes' votes here!

If there was a champions class, yes there would be more dogs gaining their titles, but then to challenge the champion and not be able to beat him in my mind is like winning a RCC.I still think the English title means so much and it should never be devalued. So many things in England have changed and I would not like to think that our shows would.

Another point with regards RCC's, which goes against my first point about RCCs

and before anyone kicks off this is not aimed at any dog or owner or kennel it is just a thought, but if a Whippet has won many RCC's and only one or two CC's over its time as a show dog which could be around eight years under many different judges of the breed then would this suggest that the dog is of very nice quality but has not got that little extra quality to become a Champion. After all it is highly unlikely that it has been beaten to the CC by the same dog all its show life.

Just a point on the actual poll.

When I viewed the poll it says that I have already voted. I haven't actually. does this happen if you have made a comment but not voted?????

It has done the same to me as well tracey and I have not voted

It would be also interesting to see how many voters have won CC's and how many havent ???

patsy said:
It has done the same to me as well tracey and I have not voted
Perhaps it would have been best to vote first , before you viewed the results of the poll :wacko: ( or made a comment ) :huggles:

*Mark* said:
Another point with regards RCC's, which goes against my first point about RCCsand before anyone kicks off this is not aimed at any dog or owner or kennel it is just a thought, but if a Whippet has won many RCC's and only one or two CC's over its time as a show dog which could be around eight years under many different judges of the breed then would this suggest that the dog is of very nice quality but has not got that little extra quality to become a Champion. After all it is highly unlikely that it has been beaten to the CC by the same dog all its show life.

[SIZE=14pt]the breed record holder in whippets won something like 44 ccs or so. Spanning over maybe a few years. So it could be that during that time there were other whippets who may have been lucky enough on occassions to have won ccs, even some maybe gaining their titles? BUT how many others won maybe 1 or 2 ccs or even several rccs but never gained their actual title? just food for thought as in any breed like with Dobes once a dog amasses many ccs and is set for the breed record etc it is often near on impossible for other breed contestants to get passed it no matter how worthy they are.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back