The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Champs ..

Strike Whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks to all, what a great, fun and laid back day it was today .....Went like clock work as always .... Congrats to all of the runners and winners ...Great seeing the youngsters coming on up ... I hope Jo feels better soon (and you missed Eric RUNNING as fast as he could at nearly 5 :eek: :p ) ... "Himself" was on form today btw !!! .... So don't let him out again .. lol :lol: ... Great to see old friends again and looking forward to the next champs .. :thumbsup:

Well done Summa Breeze on making it 10 wins in the 16lb group and posting a fast 9.50 in the final still the one to beat at over 4 years old.

Congrats to all the other winners how about Robbie O winning the 30lb group thats takes you back Toddie in the vets Trail Blazer posting 9.22 at 7 years old and our old sparing partner Vodkatini on getting her VC - all the talk has been about her offspring perhaps everyone had forgot how fast Graceful Chimes is but she reminded us whenshe gained her VC and lastly how about Fuller Spirit nine years old and still tearing up that track he never lets you down John.

Well done all the winners and better luck next time to the rest of us.

June and Len

Wasn't there but hope you all had a great day :thumbsup:

Well done to all the winners, finalists and runners. We had a lovely day, thank you :D

Special congratulations to Devils Double :wub:

comiserations(sp) to my lovely lad who missed out by a nose :sweating: well done Braecombe Nadel

hey Hannah they all ran :thumbsup:

I wanted to say a big a thank you to everyone for making yesterday such a sunny great day, the friendly atmosphere was felt all round and i for one really enjoyed myself . . . The racing was very enjoyable to watch from the inner circle lol! ( i mean watching from outside my carvan !) Now of cause i am on a little bit of a high because we won a final, SPEECHLESS ... and now my picture mite be in the whippet news and i had no make up on .. showing myself and family had no idea how the day was gonna turn out! And thats what's racing about , not knowing who's going to win etc ..... you mite not race against what some might say are the best but god you do get them days where you have to pinch yourself because you dog is actually trying and then to see your veteran try there best aswell at seven just makes you soo happy ( it's been 21 years since my mum and dad had a two dogs in a final and now i turning 21 SPOOKY!) ... ... I also wanted to hope the npwra had a successful day as well because we all deserve it after this year ! ! Now bring on cornwall the second social event of year with drink , bbq , sun , sand , sea and i spose racing the dogs ..

Natalie

has anyone got the full results and times they can put on please.

I wanted to say a big a thank you to everyone for making yesterday such a sunny great day, the friendly atmosphere was felt all round and i for one really enjoyed myself . . . The racing was very enjoyable to watch from the inner circle lol! ( i mean watching from outside my carvan !) Now of cause i am on a little bit of a high because we won a final, SPEECHLESS ... and now my picture mite be in the whippet news and i had no make up on .. showing myself and family had no idea how the day was gonna turn out! And thats what's racing about , not knowing who's going to win etc ..... you mite not race against what some might say are the best but god you do get them days where you have to pinch yourself because you dog is actually trying and then to see your veteran try there best aswell at seven just makes you soo happy ( it's been 21 years since my mum and dad had a two dogs in a final and now i turning 21 SPOOKY!) ... ... I also wanted to hope the npwra had a successful day as well because we all deserve it after this year ! ! Now bring on cornwall the second social event of year with drink , bbq , sun , sand , sea and i spose racing the dogs ..
Natalie
What a day we all had, with Summa Breeze getting her 10th win, Karen & Keith winning the 18 lb with Trick or Treat, 20lb group with Boricos Belle & not to mention Close to Crazy gaining her VC to go with her WCRCh title. Well then there is Viv with Devils Double winning again, how do you pick your dogs, please give us some hints, and Tom & Trisha with Braecombe Nadal gaining there 3rd win . Must give Trisha Billinham a big hug for Fenland Kass's s win ,who has not been to well previously but now has shown her full pertential, AND TODDY JAN & NATALIE WHAT A GREAT DAY YOU HAD, WITH ROBBIE "O" I BET JAN WAS CRYING AT THE PICK UP, HEARS TO MANY MORE WINS, you deseve it

Well Pat how about Ticketty Boo running her socks of to get 2nd in the 16lb group & Benny the Dip 3rd in th 28lb , Not forgetting Jenette's Mies for reaching the 20lb group final, we cannot forget our old faithfull Misty Boy being placed 3rd in 6/7yrs n/E 32lb group , who is ever going to beat that great dog Trailblazer.

I wonder how many Vet finals at the Champs has WCRch/VC Dancing Queen won ?, and our old racing friends Dave & Myria winning vets 6/7 yrs N/E 23lb with Vodkatini

If not mentioned WELL DONE

Glad to hear that the National also had a good day, we hear that some of our friends & Club dogs did very well .

Natalie
What a day we all had, with Summa Breeze getting her 10th win, Karen & Keith winning the 18 lb with Trick or Treat, 20lb group with Boricos Belle & not to mention Close to Crazy gaining her VC to go with her WCRCh title. Well then there is Viv with Devils Double winning again, how do you pick your dogs, please give us some hints, and Tom & Trisha with Braecombe Nadal gaining there 3rd win . Must give Trisha Billinham a big hug for Fenland Kass's s win ,who has not been to well previously but now has shown her full pertential, AND TODDY JAN & NATALIE WHAT A GREAT DAY YOU HAD, WITH ROBBIE "O" I BET JAN WAS CRYING AT THE PICK UP, HEARS TO MANY MORE WINS, you deseve it

Well Pat how about Ticketty Boo running her socks of to get 2nd in the 16lb group & Benny the Dip 3rd in th 28lb , Not forgetting Jenette's Mies for reaching the 20lb group final, we cannot forget our old faithfull Misty Boy being placed 3rd in 6/7yrs n/E 32lb group , who is ever going to beat that great dog Trailblazer.

I wonder how many Vet finals at the Champs has WCRch/VC Dancing Queen won ?, and our old racing friends Dave & Myria winning vets 6/7 yrs N/E 23lb with Vodkatini

If not mentioned WELL DONE

Glad to hear that the National also had a good day, we hear that some of our friends & Club dogs did very well .

You sound like you had a great day Natalie - Well Done. Well done to all the other dogs mentioned in Carols post. Thanks for giving us a few of the results :thumbsup:

What was the fastest time of the day (just wondering)

Wonder no more Mark. Best time of the day 8.68 seconds (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) by Texacana Venture in the heat race...........is this the fastest time ever???????. Out with the old Whippet News ppl :lol:

You have such short memories. Tex's mother,W.C.R Ch.Sp.Ch.Vet. Crown Graceful Chimes ran the same distance in 8 .79 seconds @24lbs and her litter sister, Chimes @ Midnight and the same weight recorded 8.78 seconds. Steve Bryant's 18lb bitch Agile Dream also ran the distance twice at under 9 seconds. So what's so special about that!

Could someone post the results, i only filled in the heats (w00t)

And nearly forgot! The litter brother of Graceful Chimes and Chimes @ Midnight, Maida at 22lbs also ran the fastest time of the day at one of the few Champs that he attended.

Times vary from track to track. They even vary from week to week at the same track. Somebody always gets fastest time of the day of course, what matters is how it compares to the other dogs at the same track on the same day.

Well thats obvious really ....but I think Julia was trying to point out it is a very fast line ...Its just none of them have been open raced week in and week out, so they aren't as readily known as "other" lines/litters that are bigged up all of the time ... Anyway back on topic ... Well done to the champs, it was a great day, thanks ... And yes Lou mine all ran ... must have been the company hey lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You have such short memories. Tex's mother,W.C.R Ch.Sp.Ch.Vet. Crown Graceful Chimes ran the same distance in 8 .79 seconds @24lbs and her litter sister, Chimes @ Midnight and the same weight recorded 8.78 seconds. Steve Bryant's 18lb bitch Agile Dream also ran the distance twice at under 9 seconds. So what's so special about that!
RIP wrca

RIP wrca

sure you ment WCRA (w00t) (w00t)

Nice to see WCRA is holding it's own in the light of recent -_- We called in at Moreton yesterday to find a good crowd enjoying the sunshine and good sport. We had previously attended the Worcester event and have piccys from both which I will put on later. The Moreton track was pristine and their finals exiting.

RIP wrca
From what i hear the WCRA Champs held there own very well so as for your comment Chilibang i believe , once again , you have no idea ... Well done to all runners and winners for making it a good day .... :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back