The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Change in Lily's Kitchen food?

Discussion in 'Dog Food and Diet' started by Jack-Russell-Lover, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

I know a few others use Lily's Kitchen, I understand that they did sell the company to Nestle Purina not too long ago. I've seen many comments about a change in the food since they sold and I hadn't noticed this until now. Roxy is currently on the senior recipe dry and wet food. I've noticed that the dry food is different this time, I've had the senior one once before and it was so different, it used to be more 'biscuity':rolleyes: and they were nowhere near as greasy as this new batch.....and super duper stinky which I do not remember having before, like to paint you a picture the bag is rolled up and clipped shut and put away in a food container and you can still sometimes smell it when you go near this container. Also she's had more sensitivities tummy wise, some soft poops and lately quite mucousy poops maybe that's not even the food though.
    And I have about two kilos left of this food :eek:

Anyone else noticed a change?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  2. Finsky

Finsky Well-Known Member Registered

I've not heard of that news....but I was just yesterday surprised to see in Aldi some 'special offers' on some 'better quality' dog food. The funny thing was that the 3 flavours were same that Lily's do and the deco on the tin labels was more and less same, if not identical...just the brand name was different. But if the Lily's is now sold..it would not surprise me if Nestle Purina provides the same food under other brand label...or maybe Lily's name is going to change in future too????
    We use Lily's so little that I cannot say if the contents are now different or not.

3. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

Aah okay that's interesting maybe they are going to change the name then.

4. Hemlock

Hemlock Well-Known Member Registered

It may be that they bought the name along with the business. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened.