The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Chase Me

kitty said:
gosh, what an amazing picture! all legs off the floor! fantastic!  :cheers:

also, very interesting to me as a newbie whippet owner - I was wondering how whippets got on with living with different breeds of dog. People so often have a (what is the collective term for lots of whippets? a whippy?!) lot of whippets, but I'm not aware of whippets + other types of dogs living together.

I had owned Alfie for 18 months when I thought it would be good for him to have a companion. Alf has always been alert and energetic and he would always be seeking my attention. I thought another dog would take the pressure off me a little too as his attention would be diverted to another dog. I wanted a dog that would be good for all of us, I new I definitely wouldn’t cope with another terrier, probably just make things worse, so after a lot of hard thinking decided a whippet friend for him seemed a good choice. I am so pleased I got Annie, they do play together loads and get along very well, I have never seen either one act aggressive towards the other. They are good for each other and do enjoy being together.

They are very different in character though, Alf is always on guard duty and cat watch and if one should stroll by the window he will make a fuss, growling and carrying on while Annie just can’t be bothered with such nonsense.

Had Annie been my only dog I wouldn’t have had any hesitation about getting a second whippet, shes lovely natured. :huggles:

At times can be a complete lunatic, when they are playing can sometimes look like they are trying to kill each other; or when she does a mad 10 laps around the garden at breakneck speed, comes flying straight into the house with Alf on her tail and I’ve forgotten to shut the kitchen /hall door and they have continued the mad gallop around the living room, leaving a trail of mud and grass everywhere, how can my house look like a field in just a few seconds. Only myself to blame for that one though. :p

That is a great shot Mazza I love seeing pics of Annie and Alfie :thumbsup: Your house sounds just like mine :lol:

Must admit , thats one of the best pics ever ;) Really good , just love his face :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back