The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cheshire Game & Angling Fair 20th August

Dennis Green

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This year there will be a lure coursing demonstration run by members of the Northern Pedigree Whippet Racing Club at the Cheshire Game and Angling Fair held at Peover Hall, just south of Knutsford, Cheshire, on Sunday next, 20th of August. After the main 8 dog stake, if there is time, and I hope that there will be, anybody wishing to give their dog a chance to run will be invited to do so. There is to be a separate area near the Hall specifically for dog events. Do come along if you can.

Glad to see the Northern crew will be there, I'll pop over and say hello. :D

Wishing you all a great day! :cheers:

Jac

I have just got back from Peover Hall where I met the person who is running the Lurcher display. There will also be terrier racing. All events will be open to spectators dogs. (Whatever breed!)

Won't be able to make it this year, but if anyone is going it is a great day out :D Hope all the Northern members going this year have a great day and spend loads of money lol :lol:

Carol Jepson said:
Won't be able to make it this year, but if anyone is going it is a great day out :D   Hope all the Northern members going this year have a great day and spend loads of money lol :lol:
I don't have to spend money too. :teehee:

Dennis make sure the kettles singing...........you know me, always ready for a brew :thumbsup:

Good :luck with what you doing some of us have to put a bend up in the rain (w00t) then again the sun might shine and make it better <yea right> and little piggies might fly :b

If little Sam :wub: goes in with the terriers, Angel will have to go in with the Lurchers :blink:

weather forecast says it will be the best day of the week and will be dry(heres hoping) :luck:

A good day at Peover the weather held well.

1)Twist of Fate Bt Angel of the North

2)Avismar Midnight Star Bt Little Typsey

3)Photo Finish Bt Vanya Neolithic Princess

4)Roedean Rhapsody in August Bt Half a chance

Semi final

Avismar Midnight Star Bt Twist of Fate

Semi Final

Photo Finish Bt Roedean Rhapsody in August

Final

Photo Finish Bt Avismar Midnight Star

Consolation Semi Final

Little Typsey Bt Angel of the North

Consolation Semi Final

Vanya Neolithic Princess Bt Half a Chance

Consolation Final

Vanya Neolithic Princess Bt Little Typsey

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks to Wayne Drew for slipping the dogs and Clare Churchill for Judging[/SIZE]

Pictures from the day will appear in The Countrymans Weekly.

It was nice to see so many dogs wanting to take part for fun and having little children bringing in their pets to try chacing the lure.The highlight of the day was to see two small Shitzu dogs chacing around the arena after the lure. I had so many people come up and say thank you for letting them take part. So many people were interested in what we were doing and hoped we would be invited back next year so that they could come and have another go. Thanks to Dennis for organising the Day and to Scot for working the lure. Many people said that poor Chris who kept rethreading the Lure on the reels that he must be extremely tired. He did say he may have lost a stone Thanks Chris. Well done to all dogs that took part. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Sue after all these years at least spell my name correctly! :b

It was a very good day today and everybody seemed to enjoy it. Considering the crowds that massed and watched, and the fact that we went an hour over our allotted time I'd be surprised if we were not invited back next year! :luck: :thumbsup: :luck:

Thanks to everyone who helped the lure coursing at the Cheshire Game and Angling Fair be the success that it was. It went off much better than I could have hoped for. Getting the crowd that we pulled was fantastic and all the dogs, whippets, terriers, lurchers and "others" certainly enjoyed themselves. I am considering that because of the response to dogs wanting to "have a go" , next year we might charge £1.00 a go, the money being donated to the Whippet Rescue charity.

Thanks again to everyone.

Good to see the Northern putting on a fine day's lure coursing. It attracted lots of folk, the ground was remarkably good and Sue's commentry was entertaining too. I think you all worked hard to produce a really good days event - especially with the amount of new comers with their dogs too! Well done the Northern PWRC! :thumbsup:

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]WELL DONE WINNERS TOO![/SIZE] :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back