The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Clash Of Two Young Titans!

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
BRAMBLE -V- SPRY

Evening coursers. I am pleased to announce that following a great deal of soul searching, Lesley and Andy have finally run out of excuses for not running Spry against Bramble. This monumental duel will take place in Lincolnshire on 4 Feb 2006.

My girl Bramble 25lb 10oz is ready to face the Spry and is confident of a successful outcome. Will they turn up? See you on the stubble!!

He oozes confidence

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

Oh!!!!!I am afraid you under estimate the one which is The Spry Chris, although very beautiful I am afraid Bramble with have to work very hard to beat her sister and thats why we wouldn't miss it for the world :thumbsup:

And just to show I am a good sportswoman I might let one or both of the Calenna twins beat Moss and Shiner while were there :p

Looking forward to it

Lesley

Ooh! Clash of the Titans!! Now I wanna go!! :D After all, someone's going to have to cuddle Kane while his sisters are running! :- "

Don't show this to Bramble 8) :p don't worry Hilary I'll get some good shots for my website I'm not sure Chris will want them on his though :teehee:

Spry_xxxxxxxx.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
85 lookers and only Hilary replied, (w00t) do you think they are sitting on the fence Chris :teehee:

PMSL @ you two with your fighting talk lol! :lol:

Sorry I really couldn't decide but I hope you all have a fab day and look forward to lots of action piks! :D

Jac

A lot depends if its a tight course or if its an open galloping course.

on a tight course with tight turns its going to take a good dog to beat the Caleena Joy/Pride as they are game as they come and will keep going right to the end if its a wide open galloping course then they may be up against it.

as for the Spry v Bramble?

sprys got good all round pace can turn very well and sticks to the lure like glue and is gaurenteed to be giving 100% throughout.

unfortunatly i've not seen Bramble run yet but if she's anything like her sister it should be a very good course.

Good luck to you all. :luck:

I don't know...... . There's one small part of me that says shut up Lampy and let your dog do your talking for you. FAT CHANCE! I've spoken to Bramble, she's cool. I've never seen a whippet smile, but she was close. I think. Totally undaunted by the prospect of a leisurely stretch in overcoming Spry before moving on to even greater things.

Don't wish to frighten you but my girl leaves Moss and Tilley in her wake. We don't do defeat Lesley.

Bring it on

LAMPINGMAN :D :D

I wouldn't put Spry up against Moss and Tilley that would be too unfair on them, I was just going to let my 2 SHOW bred dogs beat them. :- "

I will still be happy if Bramble beats Spry because it means that you must have a champion on your hands Chris :D and after all she is family :huggles: but don't become too confident because I hate to see a grown man sulking :p

oooooooohhhhhhhhhh this will be one historic race!!! :luck: Spry :luck: Bramble

(fence sitter here :p )

erm I do have one request though, make sure the ever gorgeous Zorro will be there too please, please, PLEASE!

I'm in love with that dog! :wub: :wub: pic's aswell plz to feed my addiction of him!! :wub: :wub:

Hi Tina. No problem. Zorro will be there, Bramble's cheer leader. I'm getting slightly worried that the distance our lure runs will be too far for these northern visitors.I might have to try and arrange a slightly shorter run. You know, more in keeping with what they're used to. :D :p

Ever thoughtful

LAMPINGMAN :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't worry Chris as long as the lure keeps going they'll keep going, I wouldn't think any less of you if you wanted to pull yours out when they get tired though, mine will be happy to carry on regardless to the end :thumbsup: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
you two are cracking me up here! (w00t) all in friendly banter I know but great to read!

Yeh. I was thinking of pulling out Lesley :- " the heat of the kitchen was starting to get to me. But then I thought NO don't do it Lampy, Bramble fears no one. So, what I would say to the Spry connections is this: get some training in and make sure your girl will be good for 600 metres on the day :D . The trial will of course be judged. Bramble has been pulled out of her stake to pick up this feeble gauntlet that is the challenge. She will meet you at the gate which will signify your last chance to turn the car round. You have been warned. :cheers:

The power behind the dog

LAMPINGMAN

:lol: :lol: :lol: 600 metres is that all she says :* she does that round the woods on a short run, I hope you've got a judge with good eyesight because she will be going past him in a blur if not, she's that fast (w00t)

Hi Lamping Man seen these Calenna sisters run many times distance will be no problem they are like a good diesel engine when fired up will go forever & then you have The Spry she has it all turning speed & stamina good luck to you both :luck: :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Hi Lamping Man seen these Calenna sisters run many times distance will be no problem they are like a good diesel engine when fired up will go forever & then you have The Spry she has it all turning  speed & stamina  good luck to you both :luck:   :thumbsup:

Your trying to frighten us aren't you (w00t) . Don't recall many races won with diesel engines. Bramble though: pictures of the prancing horse symbol spring to mind. My brindle Ferrari. :D

Now. I don't want to frighten Lesley but we've had my lot out training this morning, mixing and matching all the whippets in races from slips. Bramble. AWESOME. No one other than her mother got within 4 legths of her over 170 metres. :thumbsup:

Not long now

LAMPINGMAN :cheers:

I'll let you see some racing pics of The Spry in action tomorrow if the camera 's quick enough (w00t) they'll have you quaking in your boots, bramble may want to go in hiding afterwards :ph34r: :sweating:

Ohhh this should be really interesting, having seen the lovely Spry in action i can guarentee she will be on top form as always but with Bramle being her sister she should be the same, hope someone has a video camera on hand. :thumbsup: Good Luck to all of you that are competeing and at the end of the day Chris you win anyway, either as the owner or breeder so well done on both counts. :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back