The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Claw removal help!

Pummleweed

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
6D92E230-4787-4966-A0BE-1E1C92147FFE.jpeg
6D92E230-4787-4966-A0BE-1E1C92147FFE.jpeg
So my dog had her claw removed last Monday, just the nail, the pink bit underneath (not sure if it’s name) is still attached. We picked her up and got given pain killers and antibiotics!

The claw wasn’t wrapped up at all, we were told short walks/trips to the garden. Well a week later obviously I don’t expect it to be healed but it hasn’t stopped bleeding, doesn’t look in the slightest bit better!

Should it be wrapped? Is there anything we can do?

We phoned the vets on Friday and they just said to give it chance to heal/grow back but I’m wondering if it will even grow back? It’s causing her a bit of discomfort and we have blood everywhere!!

Hope someone has some advice for us?

Thanks

Ouch, that looks excruciating! :eek:

I'm surprised it's not bandaged as foot injuries can be infected so easily, but I'm not an expert. Hopefully someone will be able to advise you - if not, I'd get a second opinion from another vet, to put your mind at rest.

Ouch, that looks excruciating! :eek:

I'm surprised it's not bandaged as foot injuries can be infected so easily, but I'm not an expert. Hopefully someone will be able to advise you - if not, I'd get a second opinion from another vet, to put your mind at rest.
Thanks for the reply, was pretty shocked with how she was sent home! Good idea I think we’ll visit a different vet asap as it just doesn’t sit right with me!

Fingers crossed someone else has experienced similar and can give me some advice.

I agree, that looks sore.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back