The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cleaning Up After Dogs

Nicky Co.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Our front garden is just grass at the moment, and open to the street. On several occasions we've noticed a lady with a dog on a lead standing there while her dog goes to the toilet in the middle of our lawn.

The other day my husband was out walking Skipper and caught her in the act, so asked what she thought she was doing. Her response was he's got to do it somewhere! He asked her not to do it again and she said she doesn't intend to stop and that she won't pick up after her dog either.

I'm just wondering where we stand on this, as I suppose it isn't fouling a public place as our garden is private, but she shouldn't be on our garden in the first place! We do intend to put a little wall around the front of our garden at some point, but can't afford it at the moment.

Anyone know if I'm entitled to complain to anyone (other than her!) about this, and if so who?

Nicky

complain to the local dog warden and the enviromental health dept too!!! also if you can by anyway shape or form get pics of the lady and dog in act that would also be useful :thumbsup:

What a disgusting woman. I would be tempted to pick it up and follow her home and arrange it in her garden or on her front step. I think that might change her mind.

we have had the same problem, with a bloke who lives down the end of our road, so one night (he walks the dogs same time every night) my o/h hid behind the blinds and kept watch..............and right on time his dog did a blidy great shite (great dane) right outside our front door :angry: o/h ran to the door opened it and handed the bloke a poo bag and smilied at him (w00t)

needless to say, he hasnt done it since :thumbsup:

jgear said:
What a disgusting woman.  I would be tempted to pick it up and follow her home and arrange it in her garden or on her front step.  I think that might change her mind.
I thought that too :D :thumbsup:

And then I thought, what about some electric fencing for the time being?? Wouldn't cost too much and if the dog tried to go under the tape it'd soon think otherwise!! :teehee:

Last edited by a moderator:
jgear said:
What a disgusting woman.  I would be tempted to pick it up and follow her home and arrange it in her garden or on her front step.  I think that might change her mind.

A friend of mine had a similar problem years ago. They collected a shovel full of the offending stuff & left it on the roof of the dog owners car :lol: It didn't happen again :)

Well I guess the first thing to do is keep an eye out for her and then follow to see which house she goes into so we at least have her address - I know she lives nearby on the estate, but not sure exactly where.

Very tempted to leave a present from Skipper on her doorstep, but it wouldn't look good if there is anything 'official' I can follow up first... :D

(w00t) That is just revolting, she should know damn well that if you own a dog you should pick up after them, but as for fouling on your own garden - I would be absolutely livid and would have given her a bag to have picked it up with :rant:

I would for sure take a pic or something so you have some proof and let your dog warden aware :thumbsup: There has been some great advice on your thread. Good luck :luck: :luck:

P.S - find out where she lives, collect it up and empty it on her lawn :- " :lol: :lol: Probably not the best thing to do, but it may make you feel better :teehee:

id also get some chicken wire and a few garden canes , a cheap and effective way of fencing your garden to stop her untill you can afford better fencing :thumbsup:

What the F***k is wrong with people!! are you telling me her dog does his business on your front lawn and she has the audacity to refuse to pick it up and tell you she will continue to let her dog go there!!!!!!!!! and theres you wondering if you have any rights!! you have rights, shes on your private property bloody cheek of it :angry: :angry:

Nicky Co. said:
Our front garden is just grass at the moment, and open to the street.  On several occasions we've noticed a lady with a dog on a lead standing there while her dog goes to the toilet in the middle of our lawn. 
The other day my husband was out walking Skipper and caught her in the act, so asked what she thought she was doing.  Her response was he's got to do it somewhere!  He asked her not to do it again and she said she doesn't intend to stop and that she won't pick up after her dog either.

I'm just wondering where we stand on this, as I suppose it isn't fouling a public place as our garden is private, but she shouldn't be on our garden in the first place!  We do intend to put a little wall around the front of our garden at some point, but can't afford it at the moment. 

Anyone know if I'm entitled to complain to anyone (other than her!) about this, and if so who?

Nicky

This is kind of dastardly deed you want, then bung it off to the powers that be

:luck:

oh keithy..........how could you (w00t)

next time your sat on the lav, im gonna run in with my camera and take a pic (with a peg on my nose of course) and put it on here :- "

I have a similar problem we pick up after our dogs but some mornings we go out and dogs have pooed out side our front garden, i think i know who it is, just waiting to take a photo then will pass it on to the dog warden, you should do the same. Dog warden should help. Good Luck

What a blummin cheek!

I'd definitely scoop it and dump it on her property - dirty dirty cow :rant:

urchin said:
What a blummin cheek!I'd definitely scoop it and dump it on her property - dirty dirty cow  :rant:

i often see people at night when im out doing my care in the community and people think just because its dark they dont need to pick it up so i wind my window in the car down and shout you best pick it up or im giving you an on the spot fine and nine times out of ten they dont even have a bag well i always keep some council ones in my car and they soon pick it up but im not a dog warden but they dont know that so try it some time.

shane said:
I have a similar problem we pick up after our dogs but some mornings we go out and dogs have pooed out side our front garden, i think i know who it is, just waiting to take a photo then will pass it on to the dog warden, you should do the same. Dog warden should help. Good Luck
I always clean up after my boys but i often catch the owners across from me just open the door early in the morning and let all 3 of their dogs out to go in the neighbours front yards whilst hes hid in the shadow of his passageway. :angry: :rant:

I got so sick of this I got my rubber gloves on picked it up and launched it at him, terrible shot that i am i got his windows. :oops:

:angry: I used to rent a garage not far from my house. Every time I got my then small son out of the car he would end up with dirt on his shoes. I saw this bloke with a red setter leaving his dog mess there so I put it into a bag and took it round to his house - knocked on his door and told him hed forgotten something! He was gobsmacked and didnt know what to say. I also told him Id got 3 dogs and if he didnt clean up after his dog again, I would save up all the mess from my dogs and put it thru his letterbox. Never had any further probs. Id take photos of this selfish person too and give them to the dog warden, she obviously has no conscience! :rant: :luck: :luck:

Well I was thinking of trying to take a photo next time, but someone else told me that even that is against the law now, and you have to have someone's permission to take their photo... However, if the environment agency/dog warden ask for evidence I don't know if that means I would then be classed as having permission from a higher authority?

My husband reckons she won't do it again now she's been confronted, but being as she seemed completely unconcerned and said she'll keep doing it I can't quite see his reasoning!

I'll be keeping an eye out for her from now on that's for sure.

At least I feel better having got it off my chest now! :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back