The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Clearing Trials

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can't answer on the other topic as it's closed but could someone from the NNWRF enlighten me as to what they are willing to accept as a "clearing trial", how many a dog has to do & how many other dogs they have to run with before being allowed to race at one of their events.

In my book a clearing trial is a dog passing another dog without interfering - i'd presume this is what you're accepting too?

Also can you clarify exactly what happens should a dog be cleared at its club and then "has a go" at a NNWRF event? Is it still allowed to enter at the next NNWRF event?

TIA

:) I was under the impression that all dogs had to show some proof that they run clean, I worked hard on Leia's training down here and got a written letter from our training club

which verifies this. I do think all dogs should run safe that's why I get really concerned when i seed Leia as an EX Left hand runner because I've tried her in all positions, but she always comes out and goes over to the left.

If Leia was to turn her head at another dog, I wouldn't run her again until I'd sorted her out, she doesn't so no worries for me yet. :thumbsup: Di

A good question, I'm looking forward to some answers. ;)

the clearing trials has been brought in to hopefully discourage people from entering inexperienced or for want of a better word dodgy pups that spoil races and quite often cause injury to others fortunately the majority of whippet racers do take the time needed to work on schooling their pups but there are some that just throw them in at the deep end to the misfortune of others

Without putting any onus on them we are looking to club officials to help on this unless an NNWRF official is available at the time, to see that a pup should run true with at least 2 others

We are aware that a pup may run 3 or 4 races without a problem then come race 5 for some unknown reason it will do a wobbler as some adults do and would be given a second chance. We are not out to unreasonably disquallify any dog just to hopefully make for cleaner safer racing all round

A good thing seen to be happening with some of the clubs this year e.g. A/T Miners, Newton Aycliffe etc is the seperate puppy schooling sessions I'm sure will prove benefitial as it allows for more time to be spent on the pups instead of them having to be fitted in between races :thumbsup:

there should be something sorted out for bend racing as well,iv'e seen dogs schooled solo on the bends then just taken to an open and entered, which is wrong, it's ok running around the bend track solo but when there are other dogs in a race it's a different ball game, and very dangerous :angry:

I HAVE A PUP BUT THERE IS NO DOGS AT CLUB TO SCHOOL HER WITH WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE

there should be something sorted out for bend racing as well,iv'e seen dogs schooled solo on the bends then just taken to an open and entered, which is wrong, it's ok running around the bend track solo but when there are other dogs in a race it's a different ball game, and very dangerous :angry:
Have also seen it done the other way too - dogs put in to run behind experienced bend dogs to follow them but then when either solo'd or hit the front alone will turn back !!!!!

totally agree with you but we can only do so much, we in the North West are very fortunate that we have a bend club as do members from the yorkshire area with Highgate I think the North East racers also have good access to bend tracks however in the South and Scotland I don't think they are blessed with the same facilities

the NNWRF don't allow any dog under 12 months of age to enter a bend event but we do allow trialing during the breaks in racing maybe this could be used for clearing trials if members with older experienced dogs are willing to bring them along for training sessions with the newbies other than that its down to the integrity of the owners to do the right thing unless anyone can come up with any good suggestions

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: roddy nearly got put over the finishing straight rail a couple of years ago was on his back all the way.did the same to southern spark. roddy was off for 1 month injury :rant:

a gentleman spoke to the bloke,and put him straight he wasnt a happy chappie,dog not been on the bends since.

found out it had trialed on the bends only,but was naughty on the straights??????????????? :-

I also think there should be a rule if a dog is disqualified more than twice for tackling it should have to prove it is straight before it can enter another open, we have all seen dogs tackle week in week out yet even when disqualified turn up the next week and enter and thats not just pups.

I HAVE A PUP BUT THERE IS NO DOGS AT CLUB TO SCHOOL HER WITH WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE
what club
THURROCK
there are plenty of dogs at Thurrock I'm sure the members there will be willing to help how do the other club members get on schooling theirs
THERES PUPS AT CERTAIN TIMES BUT NONE AT THE MOMENT SHE WILL HAVE TO RUN WITH THE OLDER ONES WERE ONLY A SMALL CLUB AND THE ONES THAT ARE NOT VERY GOOD THEY FIND HOMES FOR SO THERES NOT TO MANY SLOW ONES FOR HER TO PASS

Glad i posted as others seem to have a few questions also.

Thanks for the reply Linda, it's not aimed at you personally :b :lol: - running against 2 other dogs is fine but from your explanation i can't see anything about a dog having to pass clean?

If all they have to do is run against 2 other dogs it would be easy for people to set their dog up off the front or levels with something a lot slower, which in my eyes proves nothing as we all know it's usually when they're under pressure when they turn - hope you understand what i'm saying.

Can you clarify the question i asked about disqualification - what's standard procedure once a dog is disqualified with regards to running with that organisation again?

Last edited by a moderator:
what club
THURROCK
there are plenty of dogs at Thurrock I'm sure the members there will be willing to help how do the other club members get on schooling theirs
THERES PUPS AT CERTAIN TIMES BUT NONE AT THE MOMENT SHE WILL HAVE TO RUN WITH THE OLDER ONES WERE ONLY A SMALL CLUB AND THE ONES THAT ARE NOT VERY GOOD THEY FIND HOMES FOR SO THERES NOT TO MANY SLOW ONES FOR HER TO PASS
Is there no pedigree club you could contact so that she could run against some slower dogs to get a few passes?

Surely a few Thurrock members have a couple of older dogs the right size to run her with.

I also think there should be a rule if a dog is disqualified more than twice for tackling it should have to prove it is straight before it can enter another open, we have all seen dogs tackle week in week out yet even when disqualified turn up the next week and enter and thats not just pups.
Totally agree. It isn't just the organisations though that accept entries is it. Just because someone's turned up at your open doesn't mean you have to accept their entry.

I complained at a champs a few years ago once the programme came out and i saw a dodgy dog was running, i was told i should have complained before the dog entered??? Sure enough the dog was thrown out first round.

Glad i posted as others seem to have a few questions also.Thanks for the reply Linda, it's not aimed at you personally :b :lol: - running against 2 other dogs is fine but from your explanation i can't see anything about a dog having to pass clean?

If all they have to do is run against 2 other dogs it would be easy for people to set their dog up off the front or levels with something a lot slower, which in my eyes proves nothing as we all know it's usually when they're under pressure when they turn - hope you understand what i'm saying.

Can you clarify the question i asked about disqualification - what's standard procedure once a dog is disqualified with regards to running with that organisation again?
I'll try and make it a bit clearer, I did say a pup has to run TRUE with at least 2 others in other words clean, We hav'nt stipulated they must run in a full 5 dog race because we know as a lot of clubs are poorly attended these days it isn't allways possible, however we do hope that common sense would be used and the pups would be set up to pass and be passed

The standard procedure used by the NNWRF is 3 strikes and out (1st, disqualified from race, 2nd, disqualified & warning, 3rd. disqualified from future NNWRF events until proven)

what club
THURROCK
Can you not get over to Fordingbridge see if they can arrange something or does Terry Ward not go to Thurrock he has peddies maybe he could help

Frigsy if your coming up to champs I'll sort you something out for the Friday if you like your welcome to use my bitch LITTLE DOLL 26lb and I'll ask Jac if she would use a couple of her peddies she's very obliging they have schooled all the Gin Pit pups

Frigsy if your coming up to champs I'll sort you something out for the Friday if you like your welcome to use my bitch LITTLE DOLL 26lb and I'll ask Jac if she would use a couple of her peddies she's very obliging they have schooled all the Gin Pit pups
THAT WOULD BE GREAT THANKS ALOT :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back