The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Clearing Trials

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
its not just pups, its also mindless people that think they can turn up at a bend champ meeting with a dog that has never raced the bends, just straits..and normaly messes the race up for the rest...seen it often over the years.

I know iv not een at this long but i carnt work out why anyone would risk running a pup or dog that wasnt schooled and ok surly they can see aswell as hurting other dogs they can hurt there own for the sake of a few weeks or months it carnt be worth it

I also think there should be a rule if a dog is disqualified more than twice for tackling it should have to prove it is straight before it can enter another open, we have all seen dogs tackle week in week out yet even when disqualified turn up the next week and enter and thats not just pups.
yes there should be a rule if a dog is disqualified once it should have to prove it is straight before it can enter a open again :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I found a pedi club close to us and asked the folk running the club is it was okay to school my pup at thier club,,the reply was yes,,Robbie (Guess Who),,got his passes there and most of the pups I had after him. We would use for eg,,Ross (Crack o Dawn),,Robbie,,a pup at the time and a pedi.

Ross was on scr,,Robbie about 6yds in front and a pedi about 6 yds in front of Robbie,,,Robbie passed the pedi,,Ross passed Robbie,,,great schooling, the pedi club we go to and help out at on Sundays,,is the same club who helped me many years ago. This pedi club now uses a non ped to help school the pedi pups.

Ive never had a fighter on the track,,we did have one who would run for the lure, but he never went for a dog on the track,,he was Georges Choice,,he did very well.

I agree with dogs that tackle need to prove them self but people who are doing these jobs judging line or half way judge need to be experance dog persons some judge I see over the last few years are very poor I want point the incident out .

I HAVE A PUP BUT THERE IS NO DOGS AT CLUB TO SCHOOL HER WITH WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE
HI RAY

AT THURROCK THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE TO HELP TRAIN A PUPPY. ALL OUR DIGS HAVE BEEN TRAINED THERE WITH OUR OWN DOGS AND THE WITH JIMMY'S LILLY.

OUR DOG TRIXIE HAS HELPED TRAIN MANY PUPPIES INCLUDING OURS, BUT WHEN A GOOD PET HOME CAME UP WE FELT IT WAY BEST FOR HER TO LET HER GO. WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PREPARED TO SET UP ANY RACE RACE TO HELP TRAIN A PUPPY

WE DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING OVER 28LB BUT ARTHUR HAS USED HIS DOG TO HELP TRAIN GAVINS AND RAYS DOGS.

VICK AND MICK ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO USE THERE DOGS TO HELP EVERYONE.

PAT

I also think there should be a rule if a dog is disqualified more than twice for tackling it should have to prove it is straight before it can enter another open, we have all seen dogs tackle week in week out yet even when disqualified turn up the next week and enter and thats not just pups.
yes there should be a rule if a dog is disqualified once it should have to prove it is straight before it can enter a open again :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
how about the clowns who disqalify dogs and dont no what there looking you should have proper judges at all opens :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

whats up ray ive allways trained my pups at thurrock ive used trevors chaser in the past but now shes 10 shes to old i ran my last 2 pups with johns jimmys and micks garys youve only got to ask and im sure some one will have a dog for you to school i dont think any one has offerd because your pup is to young and it has only been out of the traps once or twice and i think its only been full distance once so dont be shy just ask

whats up ray ive allways trained my pups at thurrock ive used trevors chaser in the past but now shes 10 shes to old i ran my last 2 pups with johns jimmys and micks garys youve only got to ask and im sure some one will have a dog for you to school i dont think any one has offerd because your pup is to young and it has only been out of the traps once or twice and i think its only been full distance once so dont be shy just ask
trev i dont no any dogs suitible if theres old dogs ive never seen them name a couple

how about the clowns who disqalify dogs and dont no what there looking you should have proper judges at all opens :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
i totaly agree if a dog is disqualified more then once it should have to proove it self and as for calling judges clowns thats a bit harse we may think the judge is wrong at times but it is a real sh*t job at times and i take my hat off to them espically the half way judge no one likes them but you have to them because theres some dogs not properly schooled

trev well done with your little bitch as for schooling friggy ive got an old dog that im still knowing over rabbitts with ill bring him to your club to help school your pups blue is 110% gen let me know.

for those that do know him yes he is getting on but his still fit does 3miles still aday and runs all day long

i totaly agree if a dog is disqualified more then once it should have to proove it self and as for calling judges clowns thats a bit harse we may think the judge is wrong at times but it is a real sh*t job at times and i take my hat off to them espically the half way judge no one likes them but you have to them because theres some dogs not properly schooled
I SAW 3 DOGS FIGHT AND I MEAN FIGHT NOTHINK SAID 7 DOGS BUMP AT THE KEEBLE MEETING NOTHINK SAID EXCEPT FOR ONE CLOWNS AND I MEAN :clown: ::

if its a big dog arthurs harvey garys stag posed if its a little one jimmys lulu vickys got 2 little ones johns got pepper mill bally mill i hope one of these can help you if not ive got a terrier for you but dont get upset if she beets you :D

if its a big dog arthurs harvey garys stag posed if its a little one jimmys lulu vickys got 2 little ones johns got pepper mill bally mill i hope one of these can help you if not ive got a terrier for you but dont get upset if she beets you :D
ILL HAVE A GRAND AGAINST THE TERRIER TMROW :p

At our club Fordingbridge we are fortunate to have some experienced older dogs to train the young ones with.

We also have quite a few pedigree dogs so we can set up a youngster in a race so that hopefully it will be fast enough

to pass the ped and not cause any problems.

Our pedigree owners are more than happy too as it encourages their whippets to try harder.

I also think it helps that we are able to have Wednesday evening racing and Sunday morning racing, so that a youngster

gets to try twice a week. I am convinced going to Fordingbridge with our CHALKY ( Sun Up ) helped him to gain the experience

he now has.

I know how frustrating it can be not being able to run a pup with something suitable so that it doesn't get dishearted by always

being beaten.

Mark & Heather Cooper regularly come to the club with their two youngster who are about 6mnth old now and they are really interested

when the lure starts.

I'm sure there must be some dogs in all clubs who can be used to train the youngsters.

Good Luck

Doreen

At our club Fordingbridge we are fortunate to have some experienced older dogs to train the young ones with.
We also have quite a few pedigree dogs so we can set up a youngster in a race so that hopefully it will be fast enough

to pass the ped and not cause any problems.

Our pedigree owners are more than happy too as it encourages their whippets to try harder.

I also think it helps that we are able to have Wednesday evening racing and Sunday morning racing, so that a youngster

gets to try twice a week. I am convinced going to Fordingbridge with our CHALKY ( Sun Up ) helped him to gain the experience

he now has.

I know how frustrating it can be not being able to run a pup with something suitable so that it doesn't get dishearted by always

being beaten.

Mark & Heather Cooper regularly come to the club with their two youngster who are about 6mnth old now and they are really interested

when the lure starts.

I'm sure there must be some dogs in all clubs who can be used to train the youngsters.

Good Luck

Doreen
THATS WHAT I MEAN THERES NO NONE PEDS OR OLD DOGS THAT I NEW OFF AT THURROCK BUT SEEMS THERE IS A COUPLE SO HAPPY DAYS

Haha what is the criteria for a 'proper' judge. Judging at any point of the field can at times be a thankless task as at times owners/spectators who fail to see the result in the same light as the judge can soon turn from being the nice friendly people we know most of the time to aggressive outspoken persons lol (me included at times, i have been guilty on occasions to disagree with results both at the winning line and the middle judges :eek: ) and I have had the pleasure (NOT) of people disagreeing with my decisions when i have judged. So i would say lets take a step back and say thankyou to the people who volunteer to do these jobs and on the big events hope the camera can be set up to finalise close decisions and the occasional upset ;) So to all the :clown: clowns thanks for at least offering to do these jobs, and lets hope the introduction of clearing runs will help to eleviate the nasty task of disqualifying dogs and owners being upfront and not running dogs that are not honest or ready :b

Haha what is the criteria for a 'proper' judge. Judging at any point of the field can at times be a thankless task as at times owners/spectators who fail to see the result in the same light as the judge can soon turn from being the nice friendly people we know most of the time to aggressive outspoken persons lol (me included at times, i have been guilty on occasions to disagree with results both at the winning line and the middle judges :eek: ) and I have had the pleasure (NOT) of people disagreeing with my decisions when i have judged. So i would say lets take a step back and say thankyou to the people who volunteer to do these jobs and on the big events hope the camera can be set up to finalise close decisions and the occasional upset ;) So to all the :clown: clowns thanks for at least offering to do these jobs, and lets hope the introduction of clearing runs will help to eleviate the nasty task of disqualifying dogs and owners being upfront and not running dogs that are not honest or ready :b
well said

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back