The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Clever Puppy!

Dizzychick

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well last night was our first Puppy Foundation Training Class (1st of 6 weeks) and Lily was a little star. I has to carry her as she doesn't have her second jabs till next week, and she shook in my arms all the way. When we walked in to be confronted by a 5 month old monster of a german shepherd pup, a border collie pup, JR x springer pup, chihahhua (?) pup and a pug, she hid straight under my chair and refused to come out - even for a piece of cheese! Anyway within 20 mins she was boxing with the shepherd and teasing the JR x - I was in hysterics! She was so brave, she kept jumping on him and then running away as if to say 'can't catch me'! It was wonderful to see her so brave and having fun!

By the end of the class she was listening to her name, sitting and walking up and down really nicely, despite the distractions, even though it was her first time on the lead - thanks to a few treats and a great trainer! I was so proud!

We were there for over an hour and she zonked out with exhaustion on my lap when we got home and slept like a log - full of beans again this morning!

Paula xx

Clever puppy indeed ... a good trainer who allows off lead play is the very best way to start with youngsters :thumbsup:

sounds a great social setting
Well done Lily! you show them other doggies how it's done.We have a pug that lives near us,Stanley can't for the life of him work out why it looks the way it does. :wacko:

hee hee shouldn't laugh really but we have 4 pugs that live down the road from us and my dog just barks at them whenever we see them :wacko: - it's so embarassing that I have to cross the road when we see them coming! He also knows exactly where they live as he starts to pull on the lead when we get near to their house to see if they are in the garden so he can jump up at the wall to look at them :clown:

Aww what a clever girl, she sounds as though she had a great time meeting new friends :huggles:

I LOVE what you said about the pugs!! I'm sure they are lovely little things but they do look odd and the fact that your whippets are fascinated with them is hysterical!! Really made me laugh!!

Lily and I have been doing our homework so hoping for top marks next lesson. We've just got back from the garden centre where I carried Lily round and she even had a little nibble of my scone. Lots of people came to say hello and give her a stroke and she chose her own toy from the pet place. I'm so happy with how chilled out she was. She just sat in my arms with her paws crossed like an elegant little lady in her sedan chair!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back