The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Close One

Lucas15

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It was a close shave today i had been walking my dogs when it started raining we managed the walk alright even though chloe my lurcher hates rain unt il we got off the field and on to the roads she started to pull when we she knew she was near home beforeshe slipped the lead and started to run home. I obviously had no chance of catchin her but i tried any way. She then stopped in the middle of the road with a car coming towards her. luckily the man in the car saw her so he stopped and i had chance to put my other dogs rope lead on her. For one second i thought the car would have hit her.

You were the lucky one.

Yesterday I wasn't so lucky and neither was Fern. She's okay but............

Thank god shes safe - what a lucky escape :luck: :luck: :huggles:

It's awful to think what might have happened.

Glad no one got hurt :thumbsup:

OMG. We should all be on Valium having crazy runnign dogs.

Holly managed to give my Dad the slip and tried to run home (to me) a few weeks back. ( It says nothing for my Dad as Holly is disabled :- " )

Anyway - she was standing in the middle of the road when he caught up with her, THANKFULLY all the traffic had stopped. What P***ed me off was that not one person out of 7 cars stopped to get out and help her. She was standing barking, obviously confused and they were jsut trying to edge past her. So much for being a good Samaritan. :angry:

In my Dad's defence, the clasp on the lead just unfastened itself, he hadn't intended to let her run loose> I dont know who got the biggest shock, Dad, Holly or me when he told me.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back