The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coccidia infection

Zainafzaal

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi every one
By any chance if some one had dogs suffering from coccidia and has treated it succesfully please help my dogs are suffering
They eat their own poop
Poop texture is custard like always
Does this happen in coccidia ?
Food is the best i can find its royal canin with chicken mixed
Screenshot_20220829-194913_Gallery.jpg

My dog had this, and antibiotics did the trick. I believe it can be quite difficult to eradicate, so you might need a fairly long course, or a second one if the first one doesn't cure it completely.

My dog had this, and antibiotics did the trick. I believe it can be quite difficult to eradicate, so you might need a fairly long course, or a second one if the first one doesn't cure it completely.
So what was your treatment
I am using 1. toltrazuril 2. Tylosin both its been 5 days but diarhea and poop eating is still there
Did you dogs ate poop too in coccidia ??

Hi how are you i feel good you joining my war against this situation if you know what i mean

He was on Trimacare 80, which has the active ingredients trimethoprim and sulfadiazine. He didn't eat his poo, though poo eating can have a lot of causes and if the infection means your dogs aren't getting the nutrients they need this could explain that aspect. If you can prevent them eating the poo (on-lead walks, supervised when likely to poo) that would be good.

I believe you're not in the UK - do you have access to a reliable vet who can confirm the diagnosis and ensure you're getting the best medication?

He was on Trimacare 80, which has the active ingredients trimethoprim and sulfadiazine. He didn't eat his poo, though poo eating can have a lot of causes and if the infection means your dogs aren't getting the nutrients they need this could explain that aspect. If you can prevent them eating the poo (on-lead walks, supervised when likely to poo) that would be good.

I believe you're not in the UK - do you have access to a reliable vet who can confirm the diagnosis and ensure you're getting the best medication?

My vet did fecal test 12 times and he could find coccidia only 1 time he said with diarhea for 3 months its most likey coccidia
I am from pakistan city sargodha place where i live we dont have pet clinic here so i had to travel to big city its 4 hour drive from here i did my best
Did your dog had diarhea like that please see picture ?
And after how many days of medicine your dogs stool was solid ?
And when your dog had coccidia how was its appetite very high or low?
My vet gave 2 prescriptions 1.toltrazuril with tylosin
2. Bactrim( same salt as trimacare 80) with tylosin
I am trying each treatment with different dog

Screenshot_20220831-182608_Gallery.jpg

Also the vet told me that coccidia effects small intestine walls due to which dog canot get enouph nutrients hence they start eating poop which basicaly undigested food

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back