The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cockapoo Owners?

cockapooowner

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi folk,

I am the proud owner of a 6 month old cockapoo named Phoebe (after the friends character).

She is absolutely adorable and excellent with kids and other dogs.

However, she is very hyper and tends to jump up on furniture a lot (as well as people).

I wanted to know how other cockapoo/dog owners deal with this?

Thanks.
smile.gif

We have a jackapoo and took her to a fabulous trainer last month, she jumps up and when we were there for the first 10 minutes Peter counted that she jumped up on my leg 28 times!lol

We now tell her 'Down' 'Sit' 'Okay' - thats when it goes well! lol

If it doesn't happen, then she is taken without a word to the utility room and shut in there for 2 minutes, then let out, again without a word.

She is pretty good now, the only time she can be a little persitent is when we first come down in the morning as she is so excited to see us.

years ago these dogs were classed as mongrels now got a designer name and alls well

but wouldnt pay megga bucks like some people do

Thanks for the advice.banana. Phoebe is exactly like that in the morning.

years ago these dogs were classed as mongrels now got a designer name and alls well

but wouldnt pay megga bucks like some people do
You are right - we quite like her cute name but she is a Heinz 57 really!! hehe

She looks like a gorgeous dog! I have been told that keeping it short and sweet with lots of vocal praise should help but I would love any tips for training a cockapoo as I collect my first puppy at the end of the month :D

Our neighbours own a cockapoo, too. This cockapoo is completely hyper, pulls on the lead, jumps up at everyone and is generally misbehaving. Now, at 10 months old they say she is too old to be trained. It is their first dog.

I have always owned setters and my now 7 month old bitch is walking to heel, she knows all the basic obedience commands and how to behave in general, e.g. not jumping up at people etc. This is the result of continuous playful training that we both enjoy a lot. Our neighbours say that setters are tranquil. I feel very sorry for their dog to have to spend her live with owners that obviously do not understand much about dogs, in particular since they now decided to breed from her!

Have people had good or bad experience with the breed? I am looking for a companion for my great dane.

Did things start to get better? How is the training going?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back