The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Colts Latest Injury...

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ive taken him to the vet this morning and had the worst news on his damaged toe. As suspected hes totally ruptured the tendon holding his right hind leg outside toe. Only option was to have his toe removed.

Hes under anaesthetic already and should be home tonight .

Ive obviously opened my big mouth too soon after saying i hadnt seen him run as fast for nearly 2 years.

Oh no,John.That poor dog,he always fights back though.

I hope is o.k tonight,thinking of you.I have just told Deb.

Amandax

sorry to hear that John speedy recovery colt :luck: :wub:

sorry to hear this John hope he will be with you at the weekend. :wub: :wub: :wub:

john, sorry to hear that, but when we checked on sunday morning , i said theres nothing broken, but the tendon damage was the possability, if it's any cosolation , he'll be back racing in about 6>8 weeks, the outside toe is not as bad as an inner toe, he wont even know it's gone in a few days.

speedy recovery for colt, chin up john, you still got china in one piece.

atb den.

Sorry to hear that John, Poor Colt hope he gets well soon :luck:

Sorry to read this John, best wishes to you and Colt for his speedy recovery.

Annie

Cheers everyone for genuine concern about Colt. He was in and out of the Vets in a few hours and is only just coming round from the anaesthetic now. The Vet said hed ruptured the tendon at a place where it was never going to heal without surgery or plane amputation of the toe. He never seemed to be in any pain from the minute it happened but because of how far the toe hung out it was always going to cause bother for him.

Have to admit im well pleased with his general demeanour and isnt showing signs of the op. Hes not going to like going to Monmouth with only 3 Nike trainers instead of 4 :angry:

john

hi, john so sorry to hear about colts toe hope he makes a good recovery.

Glynis and Steve

it sounds as thow it was the best thing to do John.

looking forward to seeing you at the weekend I'll give him a big cuddle :wub: :wub: :wub: when I see him.

Wishing Colt a speedy recovery :luck: My boy lost a front toe, (or half of it) and he was desperate to run after 2 weeks! We made him wait 3 weeks, and he was fine.

Cheers everyone for genuine concern about Colt. He was in and out of the Vets in a few hours and is only just coming round from the anaesthetic now. The Vet said hed ruptured the tendon at a place where it was never going to heal without surgery or plane amputation of the toe. He never seemed to be in any pain from the minute it happened but because of how far the toe hung out it was always going to cause bother for him. Have to admit im well pleased with his general demeanour and isnt showing signs of the op. Hes not going to like going to Monmouth with only 3 Nike trainers instead of 4 :angry:

john
Glad to here that Colt's back from the vets and feeling ok. Its a shame we can't be at Monmouth for the re-union but Jade's going to be busy packing her toys for her return visit to the land of her birth. She sends :wub: :huggles: to Uncle Colt and her brothers and sisters and :wub: :wub: :huggles: to Mum.

Ian & Sonia

oh noooo...... :(

speedy recovery colt! :( :luck:

i will be thinking about you ! xx

Glad Colt has gotten sorted quickly - when did he do the injury? Selby or Kelmarsh?

poor lad glad hes over the op and hes such a good lad i am sure he will be back to his old self in no time

hi john

glad colts ok cant wait to meet up again for a chin wag see you at monmouth sarah & paul :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back