The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Concerned Owner..

Spaniel12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
For the past couple of weeks or so, I've noticed my dog doing some strange things, he seems to suck on his drool (if that's even what he is doing), he then drools an awful lot, kind of like a teething baby and his lip quivers, I've never had a dog who has done this. But he is a four year old English Springer so I don't know if it is something I should be worried about or if it's just an odd habit of his or his breed??

I believe drooling can be a sign of pain, not necessarily in his mouth although that's the first place I would look to see if he has any problems there. How is his dental hygiene? 

I check his mouth often, but his teeth are in good condition from what I can tell, but I suppose I could try and get him into the vets but just wanted some opinions from other owners. He still eats, drinks and uses the toilet fine so I wasn't overly concerned at the time it started.

Has your weather been hotter, is he drinking normally?

No not really, we've had a ton of rain and relatively low temperatures for this time of year. He's drinking the same as usual. No change.

I think a vet check is always advisable. Lots of conditions are possible. I think, for instance, that this sort of behaviour can be an indication of stomach ache?

Does he like to play with sticks? If so, it's possible that a small splinter has become embedded in his mouth. Definitely get him checked at the vee eee tee!!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back