The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cornish Rabbits Bashing

Robw

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Headed out nice and early on Sunday to meet up with Mark and do some ferreting over his way. Having lamped there recently, my hopes were high for giving flyn a good work out...... :grin: ...needless to say he slept well that evening ............as did I!!

Started on a campsite, using the long net to good effect around some small hedges. Once the dogs had settled and got used to each other and the net, rabbits catching became easy business. :fan_1:

We had a few digs, and a few bolts for the dogs........but did ok :air_kiss:

Moved on to another spot holding open burrows! You could really see the damage the rabbits were doing to the field..........

We set the longnet up across the bottom hedgeline that the rabbits bolt for, giving the dogs free reign to go at any bolters before the net took them :aikido: :aikido:

however after working ferrets through the first group of holes, i was quite concerned as we encountered no bolts!! :feminist_en:

so we moved on across the field.......and it wasnt long before the bunnies were bolting....in good style!

I re jigged the nets after we encountered a couple of escapee's and the rest was history! Just a couple of digs on these open sets, but the landowners, who came out to watch enjoyed the sport as much as we did! :good:

I have to say that the work rate of Mark was unbelievable!!! Running out nets, despatching rabbits, digging, gutting....you name it he done it!!......Real keen! Infact all there was left for me to do was drink coffee and watch

No end of day pic but we done ok in the end with 20 rabbits for the ferrets effort!!, just finished cleaning them all out....the hands smell a bit fresh!!!

I didnt have the camera so no action shots, but Mark took some pics on his pocket digi so here they are

:assassin: :assassin:

cheers mate........when the moon is down, i will be over for some more dog food :assassin: :assassin:

Ferreting25thNov073.jpg

Ferreting25thNov074.jpg

Ferreting25thNov075.jpg

Ferreting25thNov076.jpg

Ferreting25thNov077.jpg

Ferreting25thNov078.jpg

Ferreting25thNov079.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0716.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0717.jpg

Ferreting25thNov071.jpg

Some more of Marks pics!!

Ferreting25thNov0718.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0719.jpg

Ferreting25thNov072.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0720.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0715.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0714.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0713.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0712.jpg

Ferreting25thNov0711.jpg

Ive taught him how to ferret, now i need to teach him how to post pics o:)

had a crackin day and a good result, :thumbsup: they beat the plastic bags anyday,mark

Nice work there, Rob & Mark :thumbsup:

Where were you to? Looks a bit like St Austell area?

jinnyfizz said:
Nice work there, Rob & Mark :thumbsup: Where were you to?  Looks a bit like St Austell area?

near to truro,we are over run with the rabbits, and all the dogs are in peak fitness this time of yr :thumbsup: rob is comin down soon again and we will get some action shots of the dogs catching on the lamp :thumbsup: mark

cracking post lads an dog looks in top nick :thumbsup: keep em coming :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
the best part of the day was the farm i was on, is a very well known person who has 20 lurchers mostly whippet greyhounds for racing in the summer and showing all around the country but adjoining all the lurcher pens theres rabbits galore and they admitted when they came over non of there dogs are anything like the 2 we were workin that day :D they were well inpressed,mark

great pics but the one thing im not into is big long nets,i thinks it takes all the enjoyment out of it,if i were to run them out where i am i be catching 50/60s a day :- " we just bolt for them dogs its what its all about seeing a bit of coursing,anyways great pics and good work keep it up

irish pup said:
great pics but the one thing im not into is big long nets,i thinks it takes all the enjoyment out of it,if i were to run them out where i am i be catching 50/60s a day :- " we just bolt for them dogs its what its all about seeing a bit of coursing,anyways great pics and good work keep it up
well usualy i only run them for the dogs and no nets :thumbsup: but i realy enjoyed this day,mark

kinda guessed that mark,still looks like some nice ground you got there

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back