The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Countryfile

I saw it and think if they got bigger fines or even prison sentences it might deter the evil b.....ds that cause so much suffering to our wildlife :(

another set up pile of road kill deer :angry:

I saw it and think if they got bigger fines or even prison sentences it might deter the evil b.....ds that cause so much suffering to our wildlife :(
A civil question but could you be more specific.. prison for coursers or diggers, if its the latter I whole heartedly agree..

Last edited by a moderator:
A civil question but could you be more specific.. prison for coursers or diggers, if its the latter I whole heartedly agree..
you got it in one tony ( diggers)

So you think diggers should get custodial sentences but not poachers because thats what the lads from Wales were doing Hare Coursing when it was legal was done with the landowners permission :thumbsup: if you did nt have the landowners permission then it became poaching, still Hare coursing sounds more emotive to the public

So you think diggers should get custodial sentences but not poachers because thats what the lads from Wales were doing Hare Coursing when it was legal was done with the landowners permission :thumbsup: if you did nt have the landowners permission then it became poaching, still Hare coursing sounds more emotive to the public
Both lots were breaking the law so should be punished equally IMO. The sort of hare coursing they were doing was illegal, permission or not. It is illegal.

Both lots were breaking the law so should be punished equally IMO. The sort of hare coursing they were doing was illegal, permission or not. It is illegal.

well said :thumbsup:

All the coursing ban has done is stop us law abiding folk. it hasn't stopped the scum and travellers who think it's ok to drive the fields and kill everything in sight. You can't call these folk coursing men there just parasites. I have no time at all for these as there making it much more difficult for whippet and lurcher owners to get rabbiting permission as farmers tar us all with the same brush unfortunately. And badger baiters don't get me going on these i have no time at all for them and to put hare coursers and badger baiters in the same sentence just isn't right. Most hare coursers respect there quarry and the land they run on

I'm quite privileged in that i can still allow my dogs to chase Hares legally here in the uk using a couple of methods. Flushing to the gun and with the use of a hawk.

All the coursing ban has done is stop us law abiding folk. it hasn't stopped the scum and travellers who think it's ok to drive the fields and kill everything in sight. You can't call these folk coursing men there just parasites. I have no time at all for these as there making it much more difficult for whippet and lurcher owners to get rabbiting permission as farmers tar us all with the same brush unfortunately. And badger baiters don't get me going on these i have no time at all for them and to put hare coursers and badger baiters in the same sentence just isn't right. Most hare coursers respect there quarry and the land they run on
I'm quite privileged in that i can still allow my dogs to chase Hares legally here in the uk using a couple of methods. Flushing to the gun and with the use of a hawk.

Well put Mally :thumbsup:

im finding it all really boring now, more hares loose a life to the gun than to coursing, and shooting is within the law, it baffles me. Hare coursing has done far more for conservaion than the goverments ban,

I think you'll find those loop holes arent water tight :p ask CDW and Sir Mark Prescott or maybe they should of got you to defend the pair of them in court

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back