Coursing Pups For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mally

Mallyfieldwhippets.com
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have four coursing/racing line pups left for sale out of a litter of ten.

i've got 2 bitches and two dogs

the dam (lucky girl) is line bred sooty sam (on both sides of pedigree)

the sire is parkstone buttons (racing lines)

the blue/white bitch pup

blue_white_bitch_01_net.jpg

the black/white bitch only white on toes and a little on chest

black_bitch_01_net.jpg

anyone interested in the above pups can contact me on 07759031831

would love the pups to go to good working homes

mally said:
I have four coursing/racing line pups left for sale out of a litter of ten.i've got 2 bitches and two dogs

the dam (lucky girl) is line bred sooty sam (on both sides of pedigree)

the sire is parkstone buttons (racing lines)

the blue/white bitch pup

I might sound a bit dim, but what is the difference between a racing and coursing whippet to pedigree show whippets? They don't look any different in the photos I have seen, in fact some look better! Is it the cost I know you can pay £400+ for a pedigree? Just wondered Thanks Dawn

I might sound a bit dim, but what is the difference between a racing and coursing whippet to pedigree show whippets? They don't look any different in the photos I have seen, in fact some look better! Is it the cost I know you can pay £400+ for a pedigree? Just wondered Thanks Dawn

racing and coursing bred dogs are bred for speed and stamina where as the show whippets are bred for looks.

some show whippets are quite large where as the racing/coursing whippets are usually under 21" for dogs and 20" for bitches

The above pups are full pedigree and are kc reg .

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU HAVE SEEN BETTER PUPS WHEN YOU'VE ONLY SEEN PHOTO'S OF THEM. YOU'VE SAID ENOUGH I THINK !!!

I've bred the pups to work and race not win rossettes. Although the dam has a very good conformation i wouldn't show her.

mally said:
racing and coursing bred dogs are bred for speed and stamina where as the show whippets are bred for looks.
Sorry but its not quite as clear cut as this, there are many whippets which are very successful in both showing and coursing. Whippets are one of the few breeds where dual purpose dogs still exist. I agree though that racing and showing are further apart in terms of 'type'

Nice looking pups by the way :thumbsup:

Thankyou jo

i can only speak from my experience and thats not great when it comes to showing, I know someone who show whippets and he won't exercise them, he says they get too much muscle structure and they will not do very well at shows.

In my mind a whippet should have a good muscle structure and be well toned.But that is my opinion.

It's the first litter of whippet pups i've bred, and i think there looking well, especally to say there's ten in the litter.

Racer's are bred for speed ........Coursers are bred for stamina and show dogs are bred for conformation (this is of course just my personal opinion befor I get slated :thumbsup: ) .......Show dogs do do well on the coursing field, but again so do racer's, but you wouldn't get a show bred dog winning at opens, just like you wouldn't get a racer winning at show's..........So in general show dog are the slowest type, with a normally bred courser being faster and the fastest type being the full racing bred ........but it's not just the speed difference, the 3 types are also different looking types, with the majority of show types being the biggest,heavy set type, coursers smaller and the racers smaller again .......just depends on what type takes your eye as to what type you like best :D .............Pup's are looking really good btw :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Our pups are lovely and the best of luck with them. I am sure they will all soon end up in good homes.

As for Strike Whippets..................... I couldn't agree more more with her comments. I do have a further view on show bred operating on the coursing field having been crossed with coursing types. Welstar Red Robin springs to mind. Now there is a dog.

Irresponsibly chasing the long eareds...thats right ! Spaniels!!

Lampingman :thumbsup:

Re the above. Should have been YOUR pups not our pups Freudian slip. LM

I think your pups look really gorgeous, especially the little black bitch. If I hadn't got a pup four months ago I would have jumped at the chance of owning one of your little beauties.

Hope they go to loving families, they deserve it.

~JO~ said:
mally said:

Sorry but its not quite as clear cut as this, there are many whippets which are very successful in both showing and coursing. Whippets are one of the few breeds where dual purpose dogs still exist. I agree though that racing and showing are further apart in terms of 'type'

Nice looking pups by the way :thumbsup:

Totally agree Jo, I think the fact that they are bred for one purpose or another doesn't always mean that they will follow that path, my two are show bred whippets small in size but can multitask like all females :- "

Callie lure coursing

multi.jpg

Sorry posting on OH's name here :oops: oh well never mind,

second task :wub:

Those puppies are so gorgeous and how lucky to have 10 to cuddle :wub: :wub: very jealous

*Lesley*

Callie showing(only a small show but still a show) :lol:

multi_2.jpg

Strike Whippets said:
but you wouldn't get a show bred dog winning at opens, just like you wouldn't get a racer winning at show's..........
What about Flo? Supreme Cons. Racing Champion :- " Her breeding is Laguna x Bluestreak (coursing/show). She won her title at her first ever Open Championship (and is also my dog's niece :thumbsup: )

flo4.jpg

gowiththeflow.jpg

Callie looks great AND SO DO YOU Lesley. We're lure coursing Saturday. Should be good. Chris

Callie :wub:

and puppies - lovely!

I have always wanted a blue/white whippet - please don't put any more pics on here!!!!!!!

still, I'm not too disappointed, I have ended up with my blue/white dog - even if she is an italian greyhound bitch - my little angel Genie o:) and she is a bit of a courser, the birds that she catches can prove that :rant:

I've also got a blue/fawn italian greyhound, a fawn whippet and a brindle fawn whippet, so no room for puppies even if they are blue :(

lamping man said:
Callie looks great AND SO DO YOU Lesley. We're lure coursing Saturday. Should be good.  Chris
Thanks Chris, such a shame we live so far away would love come, absolutley love lure course such good fun, can't wait till spry is running with them I think she will be really keen, she goes mad as a spectator that must be her parentage coming out :thumbsup:

*Lesley*

Just going to sign in as myself :oops:

moriarte said:
What about Flo? Supreme Cons. Racing Champion :- " Her breeding is Laguna x Bluestreak (coursing/show). She won her title at her first ever Open Championship (and is also my dog's niece :thumbsup: )

whats flo like on the live stuff ? If she catches as well as she looks she'd be a world beater, she look s really well. A real credit to you. Theres a picture below of the dam to my pups with her quarry before the ban i may add.

jess_with_hare_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back