The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coursing Pups For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
mally said:
I might sound a bit dim, but what is the difference between a racing and coursing whippet to pedigree show whippets? They don't look any different in the photos I have seen, in fact some look better! Is it the cost I know you can pay £400+ for a pedigree? Just wondered Thanks Dawn

racing and coursing bred dogs are bred for speed and stamina where as the show whippets are bred for looks.

some show whippets are quite large where as the racing/coursing whippets are usually under 21" for dogs and 20" for bitches

The above pups are full pedigree and are kc reg .

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU HAVE SEEN BETTER PUPS WHEN YOU'VE ONLY SEEN PHOTO'S OF THEM. YOU'VE SAID ENOUGH I THINK !!!

I've bred the pups to work and race not win rossettes. Although the dam has a very good conformation i wouldn't show her.

snapdogs said:
mally said:
I might sound a bit dim, but what is the difference between a racing and coursing whippet to pedigree show whippets? They don't look any different in the photos I have seen, in fact some look better! Is it the cost I know you can pay £400+ for a pedigree? Just wondered Thanks Dawn

racing and coursing bred dogs are bred for speed and stamina where as the show whippets are bred for looks.

some show whippets are quite large where as the racing/coursing whippets are usually under 21" for dogs and 20" for bitches

The above pups are full pedigree and are kc reg .

HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU HAVE SEEN BETTER PUPS WHEN YOU'VE ONLY SEEN PHOTO'S OF THEM. YOU'VE SAID ENOUGH I THINK !!!

I've bred the pups to work and race not win rossettes. Although the dam has a very good conformation i wouldn't show her.

WOW....

SLOW DOWN...

I THINK YOU HAVE GOT HOLD OF THE WRONG END OF THE STICK!

YOU HAVE TOTALLY READ MY MESSAGE WRONG, PERHAPS THAT'S MY FAULT.

ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR PUPPIES I THINK THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL... THEY LOOK FAR MORE GRACEFUL AND THEIR SIZE WELL.. OUR SHOW WHIPPETS WOULD LOOK HUGE AGAINST THEM...

TO ME THEY ARE JUST HOW ALL WHIPPETS SHOULD LOOK. I'D LOVE ONE!

AM I FORGIVEN?

SORRY but i thought you were having a dig at my lovely pups. Jess(lucky girl) the dam has a little oakbark blood in her pedigree (show lines). But as i mentioned i'm not interested in showing, it doesn't appeal to me in any way. I'm a gamekeeper and have jess with me most of the time. She's a working dog through and through. I've noticed the show dogs are getting a little on the large side. They are getting too large in my opinion. they will lose speed and agility in the field, compared to a coursing/racing bred dog. But after all it's horses for courses everyone to there own. I know which i'd sooner own though

mally said:
SORRY  but i thought you were having a dig at my lovely pups. Jess(lucky girl) the dam has a little oakbark blood in her pedigree (show lines). But as i mentioned i'm not interested in showing, it doesn't appeal to me in any way. I'm a gamekeeper and have jess with me most of the time. She's a working dog through and through. I've noticed the show dogs are getting a little on the large side. They are getting  too large in my opinion.  they will lose speed and agility in the field, compared to a coursing/racing bred dog. But after all it's horses for courses everyone to there own. I know which i'd sooner own though

THANK GOD I'M FORGIVEN.... MY HUSBAND RACED WHIPPETS FOR YEARS AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.... AND I STILL LOVE YOUR LITTLE GIRL PUP! HOW MANY ARE LEFT NOW?

THANK GOD I'M FORGIVEN.... MY HUSBAND RACED WHIPPETS FOR YEARS AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.... AND I STILL LOVE YOUR LITTLE GIRL PUP! HOW MANY ARE LEFT NOW?

i've still got four left 2 bitches & 2 dogs I would like these to go to good working homes. There only just over three weeks old. I'm not 100% sure which one i'm keeping. i keep having strange thoughts about keeping the black one.Its so hard as they are changing daily.

mally said:

i've still got four left 2 bitches & 2 dogs I would like these to go to good working homes. There only just over three weeks old. I'm not 100% sure which one i'm keeping. i keep having strange thoughts about keeping the black one.Its so hard as they are changing daily.

IF I CAN ASK A RUDE QUESTION HOW MUCH ARE THEY?

moriarte said:
Strike Whippets said:
but you wouldn't get a show bred dog winning at opens, just like you wouldn't get a racer winning at show's..........
What about Flo? Supreme Cons. Racing Champion :- " Her breeding is Laguna x Bluestreak (coursing/show). She won her title at her first ever Open Championship (and is also my dog's niece :thumbsup: )

Umm afraid Flo's not a racing champion :thumbsup: ......She is a very good bitch and for her breeding, she has proved alot of people wrong :D .......but Flo really isn't your average show type when it comes to her speed .........She's a one off :D

I'm not 100% sure which one i'm keeping. i keep having strange thoughts about keeping the black one.Its so hard as they are changing daily.

The black is very beautiful, and definatly the one i'd pick :) .......not that I like black or anything lol :D

Strike Whippets said:
Umm afraid Flo's not a racing champion  :thumbsup: ......She is a very good bitch and for her breeding, she has proved alot of people wrong  :D .......but Flo really isn't your average show type when it comes to her speed .........She's a one off  :D
That must have been a mistake on the Worcs ipwr page, as I copied and pasted it from there. :oops:

Just pointing out that you can have a lot of fun with coursing bred whippets as they can be quite versatile. There are special show classes for coursing whippets too, although I can't really see the point myself.

I don't know about Flo, but ours has been a good bunny catcher (plus the odd bit of larger vermin when it was legal :- " ) since he was old enough to have a go; not terribly good on the concept of retrieving or sharing his catch, but that's probably my fault for not training him properly :oops:

They are nice looking pups :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right, can have alot of fun with any Whippet type :D .......My racer did 3 BSFA meetings last year and finished joint 12th over all as well as winning his class twice, he's brilliant on live, has won his only uphill sprint and has been in main finals at opens ..........One of my bitches has had a best puppy in show (companion show) and has also got into main finals at opens, and is one mean frisbee catcher (w00t) plus she'll be off to Cruft's next year in the racing class, just to show 'em what a proper Whippet should look like :oops: .......in my honest opinion that is ......safe now lol .........

Thought I'd try mine with a frisbee on the beach Hannah, they chased it then let it hit the floor and looked at it, then walked away disgusted :lol:

Lol talking of whippets being able to switch their hand (paw :oops: ) to anything, my Elzi won a gundog retrieve a few years ago with fastest time of the day! Only thing that lets her down now when i let her watch it, she barks like buggery to have a go, whilst all the gundogs wait patiently :lol:

Topic moderated & closed - those of you concerned know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back