The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crab apples.

excuseme

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Our lot have recently discovered a Crab Apple tree. There are a few early fallen apples on the ground, with a few nibbled by the rabbits. Most of the girls search for the apples and enjoy eating them, while we knock a few extra to the ground to pick up for our donkeys.
Enjoyed by all :D

That sounds good. I wish mine would think and see them other than as funny looking 'tennis ball like' things that are great fun to roll down hill and chase after :rolleyes: Yesterday they discovered how much fun plums are to play with.....:rolleyes:

All good fun , a couple of times a week I chopped up some apples and mixed it in there food, at first they was a bit dubious but mixed in they got on with it,

Watch out for wasps if the dogs are eating windfalls. A sting in the throat can ruin your/their day.

We used to get a lot of June drop apples that ended up rotting in the undergrowth (that bit of the garden was rather wild and however many we could find, Jasper could find more). He ate so many at one point that his poo smelt of apple crumble:confused:

He can take or leave apple now. OH usually leaves a bit of his apple on a place for him and he'll tend to ignore it, but then eat it if he's just come in from a walk or has just had his tea - he's always in 'scrounge and scavenge' mode straight after his tea.

One of my old boys used to eat quinces which if anything are even less palatable. He'd knock it around for a bit (giving it chance to save itself?o_O) and then crunch it up. Like all fussy mums I worried about his tooth enamel!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back