The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crates For Cars

Jill

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am about to purchase a new crate for the car for going to shows and was wondering if any of you whippet experts could advise me on what would be best.

Many thanks

-jill

Hi Jill

"Guardsman" are hard to beat IMO. They are well made, easy to use and act as a crash shell around your dogs. They're not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Trapper

It depends which type of crate you want, whether it's a fold up one, which I have always used and find them very good, you can pick up one for around £55 which will take two Whippets or there are the ones made to measure for your car. If you want more details on the made to measure sort, pm then I'll give you the contact details of a chap I know very well who I think is reasonably priced.

One that fits the car is a good start. :lol:

Ive always had Croft cages and still have/use my first one which must be 26 years old, again not the cheapest but very robust and I like the fact that the dogs cant get thier feet and legs through the gap at the bottom of the door because there are small vertical bars welded along the front. If you see a cheap one beware, if they can lay down and the feet come through, when they stand up quickly they can break thier toes or worse.

We have just invested in a Croft foldable cage. It is the trapezoid shape which means you benefit from more floor space.

Here is the link to buy on-line.CROFT

Joanna said:
We have just invested in a Croft foldable cage. It is the trapezoid shape which means you benefit from more floor space.Here is the link to buy on-line.CROFT

my goodness, a trapezoid! I thought that was something from Dr Who! :lol:

Jill, I started a thread on this in January when I was looking at different cages for my new car. In the end I went for a Croft as it was the only I could find in the right size and the custom made ones which are so very nice and also so very expensive :(

I find the Croft does rattle a bit but I just bungee it up and seems ro work okay. They are very good quality and I have another small Croft one for puppies (not that I am getting any more! :p )

I had a peutgot 306 so bought a very Nice double cage, when i had to change the car :rant: I could not find an estate with a big enough boot for the cage :blink: so i had to go for a pp carrier, just to fit the cage in !!But i do carry 4 dogs most of the time and 3 kids .....................Now i have 2 extra :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: dogs .I need an even bigger wagon :blink: :teehee:

Karen said:
Ive always had Croft cages and still have/use my first one which must be 26 years old, again not the cheapest but very robust and I like the fact that the dogs cant get thier feet and legs through the gap at the bottom of the door because there are small vertical bars welded along the front.  If you see a cheap one beware, if they can lay down and the feet come through, when they stand up quickly they can break thier toes or worse.
I think the feature that prevents their feet from poking through the front has sold me. :) Now I just need to figure out what size will fit in the boot. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back