The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crewkerne Dog Show

harris hunter

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
30March20082.jpg

30March20084.jpg

30March20085.jpg

30March20083.jpg

(w00t) Sounds like a good little show, can i ask what distance will the dogs be racing? :thumbsup: Diane.

Grace and I will be there.My parents live in Crewkerne and we are visiting that weekend. :thumbsup:

gabbitas31 said:
(w00t) Sounds like a good little show, can i ask what distance will the dogs be racing? :thumbsup: Diane.

All the details for the Racing will be confirmed at the end of next week & put on K9.

Thanks for asking.

(w00t)

hi i can tell you the racing will be 220yds +

so i was told today

see you all there

cat :cheers:

joeorcheston said:
whos doing the racing..   
Joe

Bernie Rogerson from Cornwall. Brian Pether will be jugding the line. The distance wil be between 200 - 220yrds.

A flyer containing full details of the racing will be posted here tomorrow.

Thanks for the enquiry. sarah

As promised, please find details of the Racing at the show and details of the overall show rules.

If anyone wants any more info, please ask

CREWKERNE LURCHER & TERRIER SHOW

RACING

Racing at 11.00am, entries taken from 10.30am on the field.

Over 23” Racing and Under 23” Racing, Champion and Reserve being determined from each group.

4 dogs will be run on each rum with the winner and reserve going through to the next round, however, if entry numbers are big the winner only will be put through to the next round.

Conditions of Racing:

Each run will be run over 200yrds

Judges decision is final,

Muzzles MUST be worn

The Organisers take no responsibility for any loss, accident or injury to any person, animal or property, before, during or after the event

All entries are at the owners risk.

PLEASE KEEP ALL DOGS ON A LEAD WHEN NOT COMPETING

SHOWING

Conditions of Showing:

The decision of the Judges is final and binding

The Organisers reserve the right to cancel, split, or amalgamate classes

The Organisers take no responsibility for any loss, accident, or injury to any person, animal or property, before during or after the event

The entry fee is non returnable

NO bitches in season

All entries are at the owners risk

RACING CHAMPIONSHIP KINDLY SPONSORED BY: Pat Quant of Somerset Lurchers

Sorry to all those Terrier people who have requested terrier racing. It is something that i will bear in mind for next year. Hope to see some of you at the show to "suss" out whether a good job has been at made the first attempt

Just letting you all know that there has been a change to the Terrier Judge. Unfortunately, Hugh Griffiths who had been booked is unable to attend and therefore I have made a late replacement.

the new Judge is Mario Frainney. He is a local working man who has owned and worked lurchers and terriers for number of years and exhibited staffordshire bull terriers

Unfortunately, there is not enough time to amend the schedules to reflect this change.

[SIZE=8pt]Hi - This sounds like a great day! Well done to all the organisers :thumbsup: I wish I could attend - but it is a bit too far away for me :( [/SIZE]

Good Luck to all who race & show :)

Just a thought - weather for Sunday!

With high pressure over the southeast it looks like there will be a southerly breeze, some cloud but mostly sunny with temps around 17°C - pretty perfect really :)

(I am a Meteorologist, medically retired, but have over 30 years in the job!!)

Entries will be in the ring, the same as with the terrier and lurchers.

Thanks for the weather forecast, if you are correct, and my friend Goran says that you are very good, it should be a good day.

Shame I can't meet you, but maybe if we up your way, i will one day

Weather forecasts are always available - just ask :) Maybe email me....!

It would be lovely to meet - maybe at a show/fair sometime this year :thumbsup: I think we may make a huge effort to get to Llandeilo this year for the Welsh Game Fair as it's not too far :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back