The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crewkerne Dog Show

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
harris hunter said:
30March20082.jpg

30March20084.jpg

30March20085.jpg

30March20083.jpg

SOON BE HERE(5 MORE SLEEPS) :thumbsup: :teehee: :teehee:

Hope everyone has a great time....................we got one about 20 mins away where we live,so we will be going to that one,if it was'nt on the same day we would have gone to this one....................never mind.

hi dale dogs whats the other 1 thats on on the same day as im based in torquay.

Hmmmm - update on the weather forecast!

It seems that the high pressure expected over Scandinavia may slip away east to be more over Russia, & the high pressure that was to be over the English Channel will slip south, allowing a depression to come in & be centred over N Scotland.

All of this will make Sunday cloudier, with a brisk westerly breeze which may bring in some showers during the afternoon. The temps may reach 18-19 but may feel cooler in the wind.

S0 - as ever, things change! IF (LOL) the pressure systems mentioned above do not move as described then take my first forecast as correct!! ;)

Oh the joys of forecasting :sweating:

:) Good luck to all who are going to this one, and let's hope somebody takes lot of photo's for use fellow k9'er to see. :thumbsup: Diane.

:cheers: thanks for the good wishes, should be plenty of photo's, husband has been ordered to run around with camera. Goranpics are on hand throughout the day to take pictures and provide pictures to the winners, local paper in attendance.

Well organised day we really enjoyed ourselves :thumbsup: ,Although it was a shame about the 2 sleeps before the racing got going :- "

Hope you all had a fab day today,and the weather was good :thumbsup:

We had a good day today at the terrier,lurcher and family dog and the weather stayed dry :sweating: :D :D

just got back from crewkerne. Realy enjoyed myself today good weather and a good bunch of people. all my dogs now taking a good rest. I would like to thank the lady who held my dog ruby for me at the ringside. i would also like to say what realy lovely prizes that were handed out for both showing and racing.

Just to say Sarah - it was a good show - throughly enjoyed ourselves. WELL DONE! :cheers:

:cheers: Thank you for every member (friends and family) that attended yesterday's show - WOW what a turn out and what a success. The weather was really kind to us and the rain held off until 5 minutes after the Championship was held.

We had a really good turn out of Lurchers and Terriers and the family dog ring held its own as well.

More than I could have imagined turned up for Racing and yes whilst there was a little hiccup at the start, it was soon sorted and, as far as i know, went well.

I have posted the results of the Racing and Showing below with a couple of initial photographs. I will post some more photographs later, when I have had a chance to upload them from my camera.

AGAIN, really big thanks to all those who attended and I hope to see you next year.

(If anyone has any suggestions to improve any areas, please let me know)

RESULTS

Racing Champion - Mrs Grundy's Jack Reserve - Mr Tottle's Jake

Lurchers -

Smooth Puppy - Maria Pether's Rebus

Rough Puppy - Roly Butler's Major

Champion Puppy - Rebus

Under 21" Dog/Bitch - Darlene Steven's Oatis

Under 23"

Smooth Bitch - Lee Sherry's Maddie

Rough Bitch - Pam Nort's Trouble

Smooth Dog - Jacob Pippard's Billy

Rough Dog - Mrs Murray's Alsie

Champion Trouble and Reserve Champion Maddie

Over 23"

Smooth Bitch - T Whitlock's Zeba

Rough Bitch - Brian Pether's Meadow

Smooth Dog - Roly Butler's Rhett

Rough Dog - Roly Broughton's Hawk

Over 26" Dog/Bitch - Maria Pether's Goran

Bull Cross Dog/Bitch - Nigel Warner's Bryn

Champion Rhett and Reserve Champion Zeba

Child Handler - Andrew Derik and Brook

Best Pairs - Mear's Sam and Luz

Best Working Lurcher - Lee Sherry's Maddie

Best Veteran - Anne Mason's Motty

Best Sight Hound - Tracey Chamberlain's Badger

Overall Champion - Roly Butler's Rhett and Reserve - Pam Mort's Trouble

Terriers

Puppies - Jack Russell D/B - Burrows' Lucy

Lakeland D/B - Ben Candy's Tag

Champion Puppy - Tag

Smooth Jack Russell Dog - Ian Andrew's Flea

Rough Jack Russell Dog - Roger Fowler's Pig

Lakeland/Fell Dog - Andy Doble's Ralf

Border Dog - Helen Freeman's Toby 2

Smooth Jack Russell Bitch - Fiona Andrew's Trio

Rouch Jack Russell Bitch - Ian Andrew's Hava

Lakeland/Fell Bitch - Andrew Dobl'e Tess

Border Terrier Bitch - Helen Freeman's Abbey

Dog/Bitch under 12" - Jason Powell's Ruby

Veteran Terrier - R Shepherd's Spike

Best Pair - Andy Doble's Tess and Ralph

Best Working - Andy Doble's Tess

Champion Roger Fowler's Pig - Reserve Fiona Andrew's Trio

Congratulations to all winners.

RacingchRes.jpg

ChRes1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside could the winner of the Under 21" Lurcher please contact me as I need her address for the South West Qualifier.

Could The Racing Champion please also contact me as i need her address for the trophy to be returned next year.

many thanks and sorry I didn't take these details yesterday :oops:

Well done Mirrel on winning R. CH with JACK good to see he's coming back to form

:cheers: to all the organisers & the competitors and winners!! Sounds like a great, well-organised day :D Well done!

I heard y/day that it was a fantastic day for all-and am so glad the weather held, for the most part!

Any more photos?? 8)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back