The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crossroads

Flobo

Registered
Partner
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was about to start this post earlier this morning, when I suddenly heard gushing water, I thought that doesn't sound normal for my washing machine, ran out to the kitchen to find water cascading out of my cupboard!! Kind of sums up the last few months I've had really...

My van has been in and out of the garage since August, finally got it back, back after spending an arm, a leg and a kidney on it... all good, felt lovely, then I noticed it had been dropping a bit of gearbox oil(just had that all rebuilt with new clutch etc), promptly chose to try and ignore it because I really couldn't face there being another problem but then a couple of times this week I've felt the clutch slip a little bit going up hill... so now I have to contact the garage yet again, pah!

On top of all that, four of my lovely dogs have bimbled over the rainbow bridge this year, which has been heart breaking, plus one has retired(or his owners have) and another one's mobility has deteriorated, so can no longer get out for his walk with me:(... So that's six of my regulars gone in the last few months...

That's kind of why I feel I'm at a crossroads, with the loss of these dogs I'm down to about 9 regular walks a week with adhoc walks added here and there. I don't know whether to go all out advertising to try and find new clients, which will of course take time. Or try something else, either way I need to find an income fairly quick! I've thought about going back to care work, maybe to fit around the walks I still have, I've also just about finished re writing my Reiki teaching manuals, so teaching is another avenue I'd like wander down...but time is of the essence in reality... sometimes I think I'll just go and work in a supermarket for a bit, but I'm not mad on having to deal with people, I quite like working on my own!

All the problems and expense of the van has definitely made me consider my options, needing it for my job has almost broken me... I can get around on my scooter, as all my walks are one dog at a time, but they are either elderly, anxious or reactive, so having to walk somewhere with them is not the best option.

And just to add the icing on the cake, yesterday I felt the rumblings of the biggest cold sore in the world erupting on my face!! On the upside, the sun is shining today and I had a really lovely walk with my one beautiful dog this morning. I'm not going to ruin it by phoning the garage, that can wait until Monday!

Aw, Flobo it's horrible when you have so many balls in the air. Sending virtual hugs ((()))

I hope you find the right way forward for you soon xx

Bummer... :(
But tomorrow will be another day, who knows what it will bring, maybe something good.
Meanwhile, what's so bad about advertising? I would think finding care work or a teaching gig would take time too...

What a trying time you are having! I do hope things improve massively and quickly - better looked back on than gone through.

I can help with one thing only - put a dab of neat lavender oil on the cold sore.

My thoughts with you as well, Flobo. You’ve really been through it. Big spiritual hugs. X

Thanks all.:)

what's so bad about advertising?
There's nothing bad about advertising as such, I drive around with my sign on my van. I just feel I don't really want to go all out advertising to find new clients, if I'm being honest with myself... working one to one with dogs with 'issues' is a massive privilege to me and I do absolutely love it but building a solid relationship takes time and commitment, which is why I've worked with the same dogs for their lifetimes. If I take on new, younger dogs at this stage can I offer them the same deal, which is how I'd like to work. Which brings me back to the van, being so reliant on it, for me is my biggest point of stress, so new dogs means that also continues... I think I'm inclined to leave it down to fate, if new dogs come my way, then so be it, if not then you know what they say, 'when one door shuts another one opens'!

if you'd like a gratis professional proofread of your Reiki manuals, just ask :)
Oh my gosh, that is such a very kind offer, thank you! I think we both know you'd have your work cut out there eh!😂 I think though I'm going to embrace them as they are and hope the content is the most important bit. I have practised on my daughter and goddaughter using one of the manuals and it worked really well, I found teaching them from something I had created made it so much easier, I was actually quite proud of myself!

It's really quite good just getting this all out there, so thank you all for bearing with me! Reiki has always been my passion, albeit in the back ground at times. I realized recently that it's been 21 years since I became a Reiki Master, which is the level I can teach at, so maybe now's the time to walk a different path eh. It's been something I've been working towards for a few years now, time to stop procrastinating:rolleyes:(something I am very good at!!)😁

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back