The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
June, I dont enter Crufts to be seen, I go to Crufts because it is a dog show. I withhold my address and telephone number from the catalogue as I am not there to promote my kennel or puppy sales.
I wasn't suggesting anything of the kind - why would you go there to be seen???? :wacko: I just said I don't know why anyone wouldn't want people to know who they are.

There are no laws against taking photos in a public place, as long as you are not a paedophile preying on children, so you may not like it, but there's no point in whinging cos there ain't a lot you can do about it. I bet Andrew wishes he had kept his pictures to himself and his friends now - some people, never appreciate anything!

If Andrew, who I don't know, was an official photographer, or a well known photographer like Pauline Oliver, Dewerstone and any of the Dog World or Our Dogs photographers perhaps people might feel differently. Their photos go on a web site and you cannot down load them. That protects peoples privacy.

As for naming people, it's not on. Why, when people with hold their address and phone number would they want to be named in photos without prior permission, or being asked after the photo was taken.

There are laws against taking photos on private places and the NEC is not a public park.

I shall rephrase my last remark as it has obviously upset you so much, though why I havent got a clue?

June, I dont particularily want people to know who I am unless I want them to know. I go to Crufts because it is a dog show. I withhold my address and telephone number from the catalogue as I am not there to promote my kennel or puppy sales. I dont actually need anyone to know who my dog belongs to and if I did I would put a flaming big advert in the dog papers with all the above details included. And if People are so desperate to know who owns the dog they can approach me or they can always look up my ring number in the catalogue. I've already had my 15 minutes of fame so dont crave anymore ta

Is Crufts a public place? I thought if you had to pay to get in and could have the right of entry refused it wasnt a public place, could be wrong, Im sure I will be corrected if I am.

Now chill out June and stop getting so worked up, its not good for your health

Oh I see like someone saying to their Wife " I'm just popping down the pub for a couple" and then turning up in photos running round the ring with an Italian Greyhound on lead at Crufts :blink: :blink: :blink: Or maybe you mean someone that might be claiming disability allowance being seen trotting round instead of on their sticks !!! ;) ;) ;) Where else would someone be if they had qualified and paid for their entries for Crufts.

I keep coming back to this. I dont think I have laughed so much in a long time. I have visions of people hiding behind pillars waiting for the TV cameras to pass by in case they are seen. You have a rare sense of humour Donna, priceless :thumbsup:

I shall rephrase my last remark as it has obviously upset you so much, though why I havent got a clue?
June, I dont particularily want people to know who I am unless I want them to know. I go to Crufts because it is a dog show. I withhold my address and telephone number from the catalogue as I am not there to promote my kennel or puppy sales. I dont actually need anyone to know who my dog belongs to and if I did I would put a flaming big advert in the dog papers with all the above details included. And if People are so desperate to know who owns the dog they can approach me or they can always look up my ring number in the catalogue. I've already had my 15 minutes of fame so dont crave anymore ta

Is Crufts a public place? I thought if you had to pay to get in and could have the right of entry refused it wasnt a public place, could be wrong, Im sure I will be corrected if I am.

Now chill out June and stop getting so worked up, its not good for your health
I'm always chilled Jan, anyone will tell you that :teehee: What gives you the idea I am upset? :unsure: I don't know why you feel the need to repeat yourself, I heard you the first time (w00t) I thought it was YOU that was upset about your picture being on FB :thumbsup:

Never think you upset me Jan, I'm far less interested than you think :lol:

Thats great then. Your not upset, I'm not upset. Your not interested. looks like we're all cool then!! Why have we been wasting our time falling out, lol

Oh no now youve gone and spolit it all again.

Can somebody tell me who Andrew is please? Not getting at anyone, I would just like to know!!!!! :cheers:

I've just had a look at the pictures and I am disgusted by some of the comments underneath them. How dare someone take a photo of someone, the name them and others abuse them. Those involved should be completely ashamed of yourselves.

I can't believe some of the comments i've just seen on facebook...absolutely disgusting :rant:

Oh I see like someone saying to their Wife " I'm just popping down the pub for a couple" and then turning up in photos running round the ring with an Italian Greyhound on lead at Crufts :blink: :blink: :blink: Or maybe you mean someone that might be claiming disability allowance being seen trotting round instead of on their sticks !!! ;) ;) ;) Where else would someone be if they had qualified and paid for their entries for Crufts. 

I keep coming back to this. I dont think I have laughed so much in a long time. I have visions of people hiding behind pillars waiting for the TV cameras to pass by in case they are seen. You have a rare sense of humour Donna, priceless :thumbsup:
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT JAN AND SMELL THE COFFEE ,YOU KNOW VERY WELL THIS POST IS ABOUT ANDREW AND NOT ME I WOULDNT WASTE MY TIME TALKING TO THE LIKES OF YOU AND I THINK ANDREW WAS VERY FOOLISH BEING SO GENEROUS OFFERING HIS LOVELY PHOTOS TO CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO JUST THROUGH IT BACK IN HIS FACE. BUT HES A NICE CHAP.

Unfortunatly Moonglow and Jo theres a lot of history going back many years that you don't know about. You haven't seen comments some of these people have left on this and other forums. Most get deleted. At one time every topic I started was hijacked by the "in crowd " and turned into a slanging match. Comments on TWF about me have inc how "they" were coming to take my dogs, suggesting giving me root canal treatment without anesthetic, wanting to be at the front of the queue when they all came. It was ironic that some of these people who made these comments were at Crufts. They were obviously not all that brave when they came out from behind their keyboards. Still, theres always next time!!! Then theres all the grief they give to the others, some who have commented on my photos. I moderate my Facebook so I will allow the comments to stay as I know the rubbish these people have given. From outrightly having a go to taking the micky out of spelling mistakes. Thankfully most have gone from this forum. A couple remain and rear their heads from time to time but hey theres always another show that we may turn up. Lets hope the don't lose the power of speach again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wiggy,i know only too well the "history" you talk about & you're the one that has caused all of it,so please don't try to come over as being holier than thou cos you're NOT,far from it!!! :angry:

wiggy,i know only too well the "history" you talk about & you're the one that has caused all of it,so please don't try to come over as being holier than thou cos you're NOT,far from it!!! :angry:
Sorry you dont know it all. You've only been a member since April 08 !!! this started way before that when I came on here and started to ask advise. You only know the recent bit when I had enough and started to wind the "in crowd" up. :clown:

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT JAN AND SMELL THE COFFEE ,YOU KNOW VERY WELL THIS POST IS ABOUT ANDREW AND NOT ME I WOULDNT WASTE MY TIME TALKING TO THE LIKES OF YOU AND I THINK ANDREW WAS VERY FOOLISH BEING SO GENEROUS OFFERING HIS LOVELY PHOTOS TO CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO JUST THROUGH IT BACK IN HIS FACE. BUT HES A NICE CHAP.

Actually Donna, I genuinely found that response to Bertha funny, it is only you and June who have decidied to see it for what it isnt.

Comments on TWF about me have inc how "they" were coming to take my dogs, suggesting giving me root canal treatment without anesthetic, wanting to be at the front of the queue when they all came.

When were these comments made? I have never seen them.

It was ironic that some of these people who made these comments were at Crufts. They were obviously not all that brave when they came out from behind their keyboards.

Oh course we would all be at Crufts, we spend all year qualifying to go, where else would we be? If you had wanted to speak to any of us then you could have done. Sorry forgot you dont want to speak to the likes of me.

Okay I think we all know where we now stand, so we are done here. This will never be resolved as Donna has quite rightly said there is too much history, and that goes for both sides I have to add.