The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts Judges

JAX

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I know its a long way off ,but I thought some of you might like to know who the Whippet judges are for 2008 at Crufts

Morag Bolton-Lockhart is doing dogs and Editha Newton is doing bitches :cheers:

Thanks Jax! :huggles: That sounds interesting :thumbsup: ...

But What about 2007? :oops: Who are the judges for 2007? :b

Jackie Norman ( Jarman) bitches and pat Gaitskil ( I think) Dogs

Morgan said:
Thanks Jax :huggles:   :thumbsup:
I wonder when Dennis Meakin (Oakbark) will be asked. It's not right that someone with his experience should have NEVER been asked to officiate.

GailK

GailK said:
Morgan said:
I wonder when Dennis Meakin (Oakbark) will be asked. It's not right that someone with his experience should have NEVER been asked to officiate.

GailK

How most of us `whippet `people agree with you , but unfortunatley some of us ( I think) know the reason that Dennis and his family have never been invited to judge at Crufts :rant: :rant: :rant: , as all 3 of them have given CC s in the past

If judges are given contracts like they are drawn out of a hat. It would be nice that your name is in the hat to begin with. (w00t)

I think im right in saying that Dennis probably has awarded the most sets of CC's.

Till her death this was held by Gillian Ussher, as most senior judge.

Makes you wonder :- "

JAX said:
I know its a long way off ,but I thought some of you might like to know who the Whippet judges are for 2008 at Crufts
Morag Bolton-Lockhart is doing dogs and Editha Newton is doing bitches  :cheers:

I haven't been to Crufts since 1977 when I watched Eng.Ch. Black Knight of Carmodian go BOB (and win my heart to whippets from that point forward), but with Morag and Editha judging I have already decided I will be making the trip over from Canada to watch them judge!

Lanny

Thats good news Lanny , look forward to meeting you . At least you have plenty of time to save up for the trip :)

Cartman said:
If judges are given contracts like they are drawn out of a hat. It would be nice that your name is in the hat to begin with. (w00t)
I don't know about drawn out of a hat, more like a cornflake packet as far as some of them are concerned. I say again it is a disgrace that Dennis has not been asked. The KC as a body should not allow the prejudice of individuals to override the interests of the exhibitors. Ditto Julie.

GailK

JAX said:
Morag Bolton-Lockhart is doing dogs and Editha Newton is doing bitches  :cheers:

:blink: I am sorry to ask this but I get confused very easy, Editha Newton is she mum or daughter????

:- " Jenny

JAX said:
GailK said:
Morgan said:

GailK

How most of us `whippet `people agree with you , but unfortunatley some of us ( I think) know the reason that Dennis and his family have never been invited to judge at Crufts :rant: :rant: :rant: , as all 3 of them have given CC s in the past

:unsure: What is the reason may I ask????

Jenny said:
JAX said:

:blink: I am sorry to ask this but I get confused very easy, Editha Newton is she mum or daughter????

Daughter :) :)

dolly said:
Jenny said:
JAX said:

Daughter :) :)

But she is also a mum :D

Jenny said:
JAX said:
GailK said:
Morgan said:

GailK

Dennis queried the judging of a judge who is married to someone in a very high place :eek: :oops: .

The person concernd implied that when Dennis had made as many ch and won as many CCs as they had they could comment , :oops: obviously not realising just how many Chs and CC s Dennis had won , :oops: :oops:

The person so obviously thought they knew it all . :rant: The bitch Dennis queried was made up soon after o:) :thumbsup:

As in most things `its WHO you know , not WHAT you know :wacko:

JAX said:
Jenny said:
JAX said:
GailK said:
Morgan said:

GailK

Dennis queried the judging of a judge who is married to someone in a very high place :eek: :oops: .

The person concernd implied that when Dennis had made as many ch and won as many CCs as they had they could comment , :oops: obviously not realising just how many Chs and CC s Dennis had won , :oops: :oops:

The person so obviously thought they knew it all . :rant: The bitch Dennis queried was made up soon after o:) :thumbsup:

As in most things `its WHO you know , not WHAT you know :wacko:

Moderator's hat on here - can we leave it at this and not ask for or give any more specifics. It's already treading the line of libel etc (yes I know even if it's truth).

Thanks guys!!

Wendy

Well I'm going to add my two pennorth, I remember Dennis showing beautiful whippets in the late 1960's last week another of his breeding was made into a champion, there are very few people around, in any breed, who can show such dedication to a breed, I'm feeling a little raw but Dennis and his family go back a long way with my parents, my dad admired Dennis and his family for the lovely breed type they maintained throughout all those years. Sometimes there are things you just have to say and I'm proud to say this.

Jenny

quintessence said:
Well I'm going to add my two pennorth, I remember Dennis showing beautiful whippets in the late 1960's last week another of his breeding was made into a champion, there are very few people around, in any breed, who can show such dedication to a breed, I'm feeling a little raw but Dennis and his family go back a long way with my parents, my dad admired Dennis and his family for the lovely breed type they maintained throughout all those years.  Sometimes there are things you just have to say and I'm proud to say this.
Jenny

Absolutely!! There's no doubt that Dennis should be asked to judge at Crufts. I just think we should leave the 'whys and wherefore's' private :D

He has plenty to be proud of. I believe this last Championship makes it 30 homebred Champions?

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back