The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Millie said:
Didn't get placed with my Lucy but handled a friends dog to a VHC  :D   Even if Lyds M.Pin didn't think a lot of him LOL  :lol:
Whoops sorry Lyd........... of course I ment Man. terr. :sweating: Just still not with it after two days at Crufts !! :blink:

LasVegasNo1 said:
So come on Crufts people... what was the protest in the ring about?! lol :D
3 people went into the BIS ring protesting about IAMS and vivisection.

There's always someone out to spoil it for others :unsure:

Personally i think the protesters have a good point!

Shame the protest wasn't given any air time, it's strange that they let anti's on tv with the waterloo cup but not people campaigning against vivisection!

Well sat and waited for Lynn and Dee Dee on Blue Peter but no sign :(

I agree the protesters had a point, but I think they made more enemies than friends with their timing.

Cheers

Steve

There's a time and a place for a protest; I don't think during Best In Show was the 'best' time to win people over :D

If someones gonna protest they always do it when it attracts a big crown & seeing as the bis would have the most tv viewers, thats why they did it then!

People might not have like what they did but they did it & did it for a good cause!

The viewers didn't see it but the commentators spoke of it hence the protestors achieved what they set out to - raise public awareness. It didn't take long for word to get round of what it was.

I suppose the people at Crufts all knew about the protest but us at home had no idea (we just heard a murmer about a 'disruption')! lol Well not til we came on here :)

Unfortunatley I suppose there's too much money to be made out of this barbaric procedure for it ever to be stopped :angry:

I just wonder how many people didn't know about it until now?

It doesn't matter how many people knew/know - it's who acts on it. There's so much stuff that we buy thats tested on animals or funds this sort of activity - I bet we're all gulity :unsure:

I just felt really sorry for the bichon and its handler as it was on the table when they all jumped in the ring and started waving their arms about. Then just as the bichon was about to be moved, one protestor ran back it.

To get that far at Crufts and then have some protestors ruin the moment is pretty unfair :( Luckily the bichon coped very well but I felt pretty sorry for them.

I support the protestors 100%. Iams and Eukanuba are brand names of Proctor & Gamble who are one of the largest animal experimenters on this planet. They make hair care products, deodorants, laundry and cleaning aids, oral care, skin care, soaps and hygiene products. Before you buy a product at the shops ensure it is not one of Proctor & Gamble's otherwise you are funding their cruelty. Here are some links (not for the faint at heart) but we need to raise awareness otherwise these things will never change.

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/news/2003/iams.htm

http://vivisection-absurd.org.uk/images52.html

http://www.avwa.com.au/actionalert.html

True it was a bit of unfortunate timing for the Bichon Frise but it didn't really have a chance with a whippet in the ring anyway!

Jill said:
True it was a bit of unfortunate timing for the Bichon Frise but it didn't really have a chance with a whippet in the ring anyway!
I like that! :p

I just felt really sorry for the bichon and its handler as it was on the table when they all jumped in the ring and started waving their arms about. Then just as the bichon was about to be moved, one protestor ran back it.
Doesn't really compare to what some of their "guinea pigs" go through though does it?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back