The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts

Beerhound

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
In my opinion (for what it is worth) I think that maybe they could have the trade stands in maybe halls 3/3a only, discover dogs/ special events ring/etc in hall one and breed rings/benching in 2, 4 and 5 with a exhibitors only access between halls 2 and 4. Ideally I would prefer not to have the public wandering around the benches with out of control kids leaping up to cuddle the sleeping dogs. I know that this is not praticle as benches are an ideal meeting place for friends who are not showing etc.

I now await the critisim for having an opinion :oops:

Hmmm, would have to think about this one, as we went last Saturday specifically to watch a Utility breed we have connections with, but weren't actually showing ourselves. We got in very early (8 am) in order to get a ring side seat.

Getting around the trade stands was a nightmare (we gave up after not trying too hard) and did struggle to get to Discover Dogs, but the operative word was "struggle". long queues for loos, etc etc, all of which I suppose you come to expect on a weekend.

I'm not too sure what the answer is ... but the thought crossed my mind last weekend about fire safety numbers, I don't know too much about this subject except that I thought there was a "maximum number of people allowed" sort of thing, into venues, and I just wondered what that number might be for Crufts at the NEC. There were just too many bodies for comfort in the "main areas", well, there were for me anyway last Saturday.

However, as you say: if it were exhibitors only between halls 2 and 4, then we (and a lot of other people) wouldn't have been able to get to watch the judging last weekend ...

wilfred said:
However, as you say: if it were exhibitors only between halls 2 and 4, then we (and a lot of other people) wouldn't have been able to get to watch the judging last weekend ...
Sorry I didn't quite word that bit right, I didn't mean ONLY exhibitors can go between but one entrance/exit between the halls. Also the public could walk the long way round through halls 3/3a :thumbsup: .

Oh right! :)

Anyway I think this is a valid thread you have raised Beerhound.

And another thing they could have at the NEC, is more ladies' loos. (Am I wandering into the realms of fantasy now?). You would think at a relatively new venue, there would be far more ladies loos installed than there are.

I got there early like just before eight and it wasnt bad...but by two o'clock it was chaotic to get around the trade stands.

All that aside though it was an awsome day and I had a blast.

wilfred said:
Oh right!  :)

And another thing they could have at the NEC, is more ladies' loos.  (Am I wandering into the realms of fantasy now?).  You would think at a relatively new venue, there would be far more ladies loos installed than there are.

Use the gents, disabled loos are unisex as far as I know and there is no queue!!

Lynn-Alexandria said:
I got there early like just before eight and it wasnt bad...but by two o'clock it was chaotic to get around the trade stands. 

Same here, I arrived in the West car park at 07:50, got into hall 1 and the first trolley we saw ran straight over the OHs broken foot :oops: . He not happy as you can imagine (w00t) .

I have heard off record that as there are 10/12 more breeds being scheduled next year, another hall may get used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beerhound said:
wilfred said:

And another thing they could have at the NEC, is more ladies' loos.  (Am I wandering into the realms of fantasy now?).  You would think at a relatively new venue, there would be far more ladies loos installed than there are.

Use the gents, disabled loos are unisex as far as I know and there is no queue!!

people who use disabled toilets who are not disabled are damn selfish and thoughtless if you ask me :angry:

~whitecross whippets~ said:
Beerhound said:
wilfred said:

people who use disabled toilets who are not disabled are damn selfish and thoughtless if you ask me :angry:

It was a joke, sorry for causing offence, but there are cubicles in the gents. For the record I would not use a disabled loo.

Beerhound said:
Beerhound said:
wilfred said:

It was a joke, sorry for causing offence, but there are cubicles in the gents. For the record I would not use a disabled loo.

ok... :thumbsup:

Beerhound said:
Beerhound said:
wilfred said:

It annoys me when people used the disabled loos for getting changed into their show clothes, (what are benches for (w00t) :oops: ,no offence intended here :thumbsup: ),one person came in the ladies pushed to the front and straight to the disabled and got changed.

Beerhound said:
Beerhound said:
Beerhound said:
wilfred said:

It annoys me when people used the disabled loos for getting changed into their show clothes, (what are benches for (w00t) :oops: ,no offence intended here :thumbsup: ),one person came in the ladies pushed to the front and straight to the disabled and got changed.

i agree :angry: and if i had seen her then she would have got a piece of my mind too o:)

I think they need to control the numbers of visitors.

I got there early at 8 am on the Saturday. It was lovely wandering around as it wasn't busy then. By 1130 it was horrendous. I couldn't get to the stalls properly, and I could hardly make my way back to the far halls. The queue for the ladies was so long I gave up and used the loo on the train instead (by which time I was in some discomfort :sweating: ). I'm not prone to panic attacks or claustrophobia, but I felt hysteria rising at one point and had to get out quick.

Nicola said:
I think they need to control the numbers of visitors.

That would help. But then they would lose money & put the prices up to make up for it :oops: . They could say something like no admissions after a certain time but don't think that would help as more people would get there early and we would have the same problems.

MORE HALLS NEEDED LIKE THE IDEA ABOUT HAVING THE DOGS IN THERE OWN HALLS

i wish they would have walkways specificaly for dogs and handlers only, then we could get to/from exercise areas and in and out of the venue without the dogs being trodden on countless times :(

beaker said:
i wish they would have walkways specificaly for dogs and handlers only, then we could get to/from exercise areas and in and out of the venue without the dogs being trodden on countless times  :(
:thumbsup: I was going to suggest that myself but it wouldn't let me post.

I had terrible problems trying to get William from hall 4 with the whippets to hall 5 the greyhound ring as I couldn't leave him benched on his own going back after his class even a big dog like him was pushed and shuved by the crowds going the opposite way

It needs to be laid out better. The outside stands for each hall are great, but the ones in the middle (as designated, so nothing against the stall holders), are kind of hit and miss, sometimes there's a middle aisle, sometimes there isn't. Hall 5 is the worst offender. Just make straight aisles and line the stalls up on them. None of this following an aisle then it ends at a stall and you have to figure out your way round it.... How are you supposed to find anything. And certainly there is enough going on to justify one more hall for the event. In case of a fire I think all safety is out the window!

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back