The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cushings

Audrey Gormally

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi just wondered if anyone had any experience with Cushings disease. Daisy is still being monitored with medication and is not stable yet. She had a fatty lump on the back of her neck, which part, of has gone nasty. Only thing vet gave me was some steroid cream to put on it until she can be stabilised with the medication. Has anyone else experienced this with Cushings please.xx

Attachments

• DDC9EF69-B894-4AB2-9C1E-027FB28B7889.jpeg
    DDC9EF69-B894-4AB2-9C1E-027FB28B7889.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
Oh the poor thing, that does look nasty. I do hope that it gets much better with treatment.

Hi just wondered if anyone had any experience with Cushings disease. Daisy is still being monitored with medication and is not stable yet. She had a fatty lump on the back of her neck, which part, of has gone nasty. Only thing vet gave me was some steroid cream to put on it until she can be stabilised with the medication. Has anyone else experienced this with Cushings please.xx

Hi the vet has only given me medication with blood tests. She is not stable yet and is having another blood test tomorrow to check if the higher dose is suiting her.

Hi
Have a look at calcinosis cutis. I had to do a lot of my own research into this as our FBD had all these hard lumps coming up that subsequently erupted and leaked horrid smelling pus and stripping away fur and skin. Apparently this can be caused by Cushings amongst other things; steroids being one of them. We are currently weaning Vivienne off steroids so she can be tested for Cushings.

We have been told by our vet that our 15 year old Beddy/whippet probably has cushings. We have decided to just manage the symptoms on a day to day basis rather than put her through anything too invasive. She is still a happy and 'healthy' girl for her age and condition and as long as that continues we will continue to just manage her in conjunction with regular vet checks. Her symptoms include hair loss, constant hunger and increased drinking, soft fatty lumps (not too many at the moment). Despite this she is still a happy girl and enjoys her walks and home life. I know that we wont have her forever but as long as she has a quality of life then we will continue along this course :)
Tess.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back