The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cuts When Out

Well you've confused me now (it doesn't take much), in your original post you were talking about tea tree essential oil used neat and that is what people have responded to. You didn't mention products like the ones listed on the page you've linked to, all of which are blends of tea tree oil and other substances that I imagine many of us use, I certainly do, as I've already said :thumbsup:

I carry a 1st aid kit out with the dogs every day

Small pack of Tea Tree oil cleansing wipes (lots of uses and not too messy)

2 sterile alcohol wipes (available chemists)

Melapore non stick dressing 4" sq

Bandage

Vetwrap

Micropore tape

Sterie saline eye drops (celluvisc comes in individual dropper packs)

& My inhaler

All fit into a a small box

I also carry an old pashmina / shawl (folds up small) from the experience of having to carry a collapsed dog some distance before I could get help. Carrying a 13KG dog in a sling is a lot easier (take my word for it!) it also would have its uses for keeping a dog warm if it is shock or cannot be moved.

I may sound like a lot to carry but it all fits in a small bag along with a frisbee, poo bags and recall treats

Well you've confused me now (it doesn't take much), in your original post you were talking about tea tree essential oil used neat and that is what people have responded to. You didn't mention products like the ones listed on the page you've linked to, all of which are blends of tea tree oil and other substances that I imagine many of us use, I certainly do, as I've already said :thumbsup:

well thats because I do use tea tree essential oil neat have done for years the dogs dont flinch and I will carry on using it

Having had dogs for many years, I can't remember Tea tree oil being used for anything. It is a fairly new thing to the UK I am sure. Will do some digging and find out.

thoight id use google too to find out a bit more about this stuff when used on pets.it can be toxic as its absorbed through the skinhttp://www.exoticbird.com/gillian/teatree.html
are these the same people would spread the rumour / urban myth that raisons are poisonous to dogs when they have been used as treat/training aid for years and years with no problems
yes im sure youre right and that raisins arent poisonous and tea tree oil is fine too.

everyone else must be wrong :thumbsup:

thoight id use google too to find out a bit more about this stuff when used on pets.it can be toxic as its absorbed through the skinhttp://www.exoticbird.com/gillian/teatree.html
are these the same people would spread the rumour / urban myth that raisons are poisonous to dogs when they have been used as treat/training aid for years and years with no problems
yes im sure youre right and that raisins arent poisonous and tea tree oil is fine too.

everyone else must be wrong :thumbsup:
hmm so what you are saying is then meeka, you are right?

this is ridiculous and typical K9, remember eggs give you salmonealla , potatoes cause cancer, ibroprofen causes asthma, chocolate is piosoness, tramadol causes hallucinations, palpatations etc , combustion causes carbon emmissions you weigh up the pros and cons and you choose

link below shows that even the wonderfull lavender has its faults, also why are their far more tea tree products than lavander products for dogs?

http://www.best-home-remedies.com/herbal_m...bs/lavender.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
ok just to clarify.

please keep on topic and constructive, debate is good but destructive comments serve no purpose.

any non constructive posts or any aimed at causing bad feeling wil be removed.

... link below shows that even the wonderfull lavender has its faults, also why are their far more tea tree products than lavander products for dogs?http://www.best-home-remedies.com/herbal_m...bs/lavender.htm
I think you will find that the side effects quoted on the web page you have linked to relate to taking lavender orally not it's topical application to the skin, which is what was being discussed here. Taking essential oils by mouth is potentially hazardous and generally needs careful thought and monitoring.

i've removed several post's after recieving complaints.

can I remin eveyone ONCE AGAIN keep it constructive or it will be removed and warn levels upped persistant nastyness will result in mod review being used.

everyone has a right to an opinion regardeless of pro or anti hunting even if we dont agree, but please remember this is the hunting section if you dont agree with hunting please dont read this section.

everyone could try education rather than attaking each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone could try education rather than attaking each other.
100% agree with this!!

Education, support and advice ......... put it all together and you've got a good, sound network of whippet loving folk- whether they be pet/show/working/breeding or competition whippets :thumbsup:

well I for one will never post in the working section again, as it is obvious that the non working owners just will not allow posts in here to happen without attack , if you say something is black they will say it is white, as for moderation Mark everytime I reply to moonglow accussing me of throwing my dummy out you remove it, yet leave her attack still can I ask "What is the point of the working section?" also why whenever I put links up to posts that prove people who wish to have a go AT ME ARE BEING CONTRADICTIVE do you remove them?

Oh dear,i'm assuming that you're an adult Darren?? cos to me you're coming across as a spoilt teenager who isn't getting his own way!!

People haven't been contradictive,just putting their own opinion across which is allowed on a discussion board,something you can't seem to cope with !!

I'm not sure why the obsession with whether people are working or non working owners. I don't work my dogs (they are all elderly rescues) but I'm still interested in things like how to treat cuts.

A difference of opinion can be a discussion or a row, that rather depends on your attitude to anyone who may not agree with you.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back