The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Daisy & Agility

Louise_Simon

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Today me and Daisy entered our first agility competition :D after the other weeks league match debacle I wasn't very confident she would do anything :(

But in the way of the Whippet she surprized me. started with a lovely sit stay jumped like an angel, whipped round the tunnels and the wiggly jump bits, turned the last corner, only three straight jumps to the end and a clear round :sweating: and she lost the plot and ran off :lol: finally came back to me jumping 2 of the 3 jumps the wrong way turned and finished the course. We were eliminated but I was still very proud that she had done most of the course :D

We then did another course, started lovely :thumbsup: lost it in the middle where she ran round like a nutterbird :wacko: joined me to finish the course as if nothing had happened :thumbsup:

Why do I bother :b to see her eyes sparkle thats why :huggles:

It was nice to meet you Jo and Gwillam :thumbsup:

sounds like you both had a great time................i really fancy doing a bit but not sure gypsy would listen to me.........bit hard of hearing is our gypo :- " :- " :- "

would love to see some pic's if you have any :thumbsup:

Uncle Fred says well done Daisy. :cheers:

Losing the plot must run in the family :- " It happens to Fred all the time :p

You go Dase ;) .....So close, but hey you're such a nice girl, you wouldn't want to show then boring Collies up :*

hely said:
sounds like you both had a great time................i really fancy doing a bit but not sure gypsy would listen to me.........bit hard of hearing is our gypo :- "  :- "  :- "

Stinky food in a pocket works wonders :lol:

Sorry no pics of Dasiy doing agility at all, gunna have to chat up a photographer

Last edited by a moderator:
Strike Whippets said:
You go Dase  ;)   .....So close, but hey you're such a nice girl, you wouldn't want to show then boring Collies up  :*

I know so near but yet so far, I heard a big Ahhhh as she legged it (w00t)

hely said:
sounds like you both had a great time................i really fancy doing a bit but not sure gypsy would listen to me.........bit hard of hearing is our gypo :- "  :- "  :- "

Selective deafness all mine suffer from it. They can hear a crumb drop to the floor but you call them they just cann't hear

Well done for getting as far as you did mine wouldn't have got as far as the sit at the start :oops:

Louise_Simon said:
Today me and Daisy entered our first agility competition  :D   after the other weeks league match debacle I wasn't very confident she would do anything  :(  
But in the way of the Whippet she surprized me. started with a lovely sit stay jumped like an angel, whipped round the tunnels and the wiggly jump bits, turned the last corner,  only three straight jumps to the end  and a clear round  :sweating: and she lost the plot and ran off  :lol: finally came back to me jumping 2 of the 3 jumps the wrong way turned and finished the course. We were eliminated but I was still very proud that she had done most of the course  :D

We then did another course, started lovely  :thumbsup: lost it in the middle where she ran round like a nutterbird  :wacko: joined me to finish the course as if nothing had happened  :thumbsup:

Why do I bother  :b   to see her eyes sparkle thats why  :huggles:

It was nice to meet you Jo and Gwillam  :thumbsup:

:lol: That's how Woody used to go around courses too Lou. He was okay as long as I didn't forget the way (which I always did :b ) then he'd run our of the ring and shout at any collies that were barking. Well maybe the first collie that he saw. :- " :b

Well done Daisy. She's such a clever little girl. :wub: We have soooo much fun with our have a go at anything whippets.

:cheers: Well done Daisy! :cheers:

She did a lot better than Zephyr the first time in an agility competition :b - he started beautifully, a couple of jumps and then up the dog walk, then did an emergency dash round the ring, wee'd on a few jumps and the tunnel, and then buggered off and it took four of us to catch him!! :rant: And he had been doing so well in practice, but he always needs a couple of rounds of agility to settle him down, and you don't get that opportunity in a competition! :- "

But he did love the practicing so much :thumbsup: Really nice to hear that you are having a go with Daisy :thumbsup: - you might find after a few oompetitions she starts to realise that she has to be a bit more focussed. A friend of mine with a labrador said she thought he would never stay in the ring for the whole course, but eventually he did, then he got a few clear rounds, and after that he was brilliant! :cheers:

Good luck :luck:

It was only steeple chase, jumps and tunnels, and there was a practise ring so I fired her up over the a frame and dog walk which she loves oh and some jumps, I'm still proud of her today but also gutted only 3 jumps from the finish.

I'm going to try her again in December agility and steeplechase, in the mean time we're practising without food in my hand :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL DONE !! thats no mean feat mine wouldnt have even done the sit stay at the beginning (w00t) theyd have been off like a rocket :lol: i think cheylnnah on here does agility with her whippets and is ace at it keep up the good work youll show them border collies up in no time :thumbsup:

Well done for giving it a go and as it was only her first go she can only get better, and I bet she gave everyone a good laugh and really enjoyed herself.

She's a brilliant whippie Lou, tries so hard at everything she does and did sooo well at lure coursing.

I'm sure she NEEDS a new collar & matching coat now to congratulate her :teehee: :D

Thanks Rae and everyone else, she is a lovely little girl and I have a collar on order :b ( she did get one after lure coursing Rae :lol: )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back