The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Desert Island ...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

Cab Calloway sings Minnie the Moocher in The Blues Brothers...

oh I forgot another 2 on my favourite list Moulin Rouge and The Truman Show

Last edited by a moderator:
longstone lad said:
fav book-----sense and sensabiltyfav film-------pretty women

fav music-----wet wet wet

fav musci video---?cant think of any ?

I've never read Sense and Sensibility - for a long time I just assumed that I wouldn't like Jane Austen novels - no idea why, just thought they weren't for me. But I tried Northanger Abbey last year and really surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying it!!! Maybe it's about time I tried another! :D

Sarah86 said:
one flew over the cuckoos nest is a brilliant film, and it is very sad  :(   yes, its Jack Nicholson that in it.
Practically perfect is a nice romantic novel, and has my ideal man in it, he owns and loves greyhounds  :p

Can't believe I forgot Jack Nicholson's name - I think he's a great actor.

I like the sound of that book - will definitely look it out. :cheers:

FifeJillandIan said:
kitty1972 said:
Book- anything by Jilly Cooper, she has me in tears laughing!(I don't sound as intelliegent as you lot having chosen a bonkbuster!)  :)   :)

Film- Gone with the Wind

Music- Kate Bush or Heather Nova

Kate Bush is amazing. Haven't heard of Heather Nova - what sort of music does she do?

Alternative / Folk Rock / Pop

Heather Nova has a beautiful voice!

FifeJillandIan said:
Sarah86 said:
one flew over the cuckoos nest is a brilliant film, and it is very sad  :(   yes, its Jack Nicholson that in it.
Practically perfect is a nice romantic novel, and has my ideal man in it, he owns and loves greyhounds  :p

Can't believe I forgot Jack Nicholson's name - I think he's a great actor.

I like the sound of that book - will definitely look it out. :cheers:

Yes, I like him as an actor, As Good As It Gets is a really good film that he is in, I forgot to add that to my list. I have another really really old film with him in it called The Raven, he is so young in it.

I think that book is good for anyone who likes any slight romance novels (its not over the top) and likes whippets, greyhounds etc..

Fave book... To kill a Mockingbird. We had to read this for our O level (remember them??) I took it on holiday with me & read it over & over again. Since then I've re-read it a few times. The film was very true to the book & I watch it every time it's on telly. It still makes me cry, the injustice of it all :(

Film.... Again, The Shawshank Redemption. I've seen it about 3 times now & still enjoy it. The book is great too. I agree that it's one of the better Stephen King adaptations. I laughed all the way through Pet semetary, the dead cat looked as tho it had just come out of the taxidermists :lol:

Music...This is a lot harder to choose as it depends what mood I'm in. I love Bruce Springsteen & Nils Lofgren. Neil Young, James Taylor, No... I can't choose just one.

kitty1972 said:
Alternative / Folk Rock / Pop Heather Nova has a beautiful voice!
Sounds good - I might have to pay a visit to Amazon and invest in some new music :D

Sarah86 said:
Yes, I like him as an actor, As Good As It Gets is a really good film that he is in, I forgot to add that to my list.  I have another really really old film with him in it called The Raven, he is so young in it.
I think that book is good for anyone who likes any slight romance novels (its not over the top) and likes whippets, greyhounds etc..
As Good As It Gets would have to go on my list too :thumbsup: Haven't seen the raven though.

FifeJillandIan said:
Sarah86 said:
Yes, I like him as an actor, As Good As It Gets is a really good film that he is in, I forgot to add that to my list.  I have another really really old film with him in it called The Raven, he is so young in it.
As Good As It Gets would have to go on my list too :thumbsup: Haven't seen the raven though.

Yes, it was made in 1963 with Vincent Price. Its a strange type of film.. one of those when you see the character approaching a castle, that is really just a painting in the background :p but its enjoyable

J.T. said:
Fave book... To kill a Mockingbird. We had to read this for our O level (remember them??) I took it on holiday with me & read it over & over again. Since then I've re-read it a few times. The film was very true to the book & I watch it every time it's on telly. It still makes me cry, the injustice of it all :(
Film.... Again, The Shawshank Redemption. I've seen it about 3 times now & still enjoy it. The book is great too.  I agree that it's one of the better Stephen King adaptations. I laughed all the way through Pet semetary, the dead cat looked as tho it had just come out of the taxidermists :lol:

Music...This is a lot harder to choose as it depends what mood I'm in. I love Bruce Springsteen & Nils Lofgren.  Neil Young, James Taylor, No... I can't choose just one.

I did To Kill a Mockingbird at school too (although it was O Grades we did up here instead of O levels :D ) Another one I had to read for schoolwork and ended up loving is Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men - so very sad though :'(

fav film love is a many splendored thing (the theme song was what we had our first dance to at our wedding)

fav book anything by james patterson

fav music james blunt plus a few others

fav music video dont know :blink:

Sarah86 said:
Yes, it was made in 1963 with Vincent Price.  Its a strange type of film.. one of those when you see the character approaching a castle, that is really just a painting in the background  :p   but its enjoyable
Hmmm, maybe I'll give it a go when I'm in a contemplative frame of mind ;)

trac said:
fav film love is a many splendored thing (the theme song was what we had our first dance to at our wedding)
Oh, you old romantic, you :D

Fave book - The Wasp Factory - Ian Banks or The Dark is Rising - Susan Cooper (basically anything surreal/escapist that I don't teach the kids at school - although, that said, I REALLY love Frankenstein.)

Fave Film - OOOH, tricky? The Wizard of Oz is an xmas fave. Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe.

Fave Music - Anything by The Smiths, What Difference Does it Make? and There is a Light that Never Goes Out, in particular.

Fave music vid - Suedehead, Morrissey.

I don't know quite what you'll read into me from that snapshot of me.? :D But I presume it is quite an honest reflection as they were the first things that came into my head.

FifeJillandIan said:
What's your favourite book, film and music?
It's so hard to choose just one - really depends on the mood I'm in at the time.

Favourite books - The English Patient, Rebecca, Wuthering Heights.

Favourite films - I never tire of watching Educating Rita - I'm always in tears at the end. Also love Brief Encounter.

Favourite music - Listening to Mika a lot at the moment. Love Eva Cassidy, Katie Melua, Leonard Cohen, David Gray, Chris Rea. Scheherezade (first piece of classical music I remember hearing) and Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No 2 (when feeling particularly miserable!).

Last edited by a moderator:
~Sarah~ said:
FifeJillandIan said:
What's your favourite book, film and music?
It's so hard to choose just one - really depends on the mood I'm in at the time.

Favourite books - The English Patient, Rebecca, Wuthering Heights.

Favourite films - I never tire of watching Educating Rita - I'm always in tears at the end. Also love Brief Encounter.

Favourite music - Listening to Mika a lot at the moment. Love Eva Cassidy, Katie Melua, Leonard Cohen, David Gray, Chris Rea. Scheherezade (first piece of classical music I remember hearing) and Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No 2 (when feeling particularly miserable!).

Katie Melua fantastic :thumbsup: i brought the single cd of her and Eva Cassidy lovely song

My fave book would be Papillon by Henri Charriere

My Fave is American werewolf in London

And i really cant choose between Bruce Springsteen,

Joe Cocker, Amy Winehouse, Dirty Dancing soundtrack,

Scissor sisters, Mika............. :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back