Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Devon Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

john m

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Please Note, A rule from Devon and Somerset club.

Any person or persons currently serving a ban or an exclusion from any club or national body will not be allowed to race at any of the Devon and Somerset opens or be allowed to camp on the field at Cullompton.

Committee meeting held 17-09-07

I think that is a sensible rule the last thing you want whilst on holidays is any bad atmospheres ---caused by outside influences ---Common sense always the only rule required----

hope all that are going have great weather/ great time /with some great racing ---and all go home happy!!!!

steve

Can't promise you good weather although by this time of the year it should be, but i am sure that all will participate to make it a good atmosphere and a good race and holiday week. Has Steve says, common sense provails, bring it with you please.

john m said:
Please Note, A rule from Devon and Somerset club.Any person or persons currently serving a ban or an exclusion from any club or national body will not be allowed to race at any of the Devon and Somerset opens or be allowed to camp on the field at Cullompton.

could you glarify what opens are Devon and somerset,

hellbound said:
john m said:
Please Note, A rule from Devon and Somerset club.Any person or persons currently serving a ban or an exclusion from any club or national body will not be allowed to race at any of the Devon and Somerset opens or be allowed to camp on the field at Cullompton.

Glariforcation, sorry clariforcation

Saturday 14th June N.N.W.R.F.

Sunday 15th June Devon and Somerset

Wednesday 18th June Devon and Somerset

Saturday 21st June I.R.G.Event

Sunday 22nd June BWRA EVENT

As you can see there will be only one event that you will be allowed to race and that will be the last days racing. 400 mile round trip for a personal appearance that no one will take a blind bit of notice off hardly seems worth the price of the fuel.

Retrace the thread and take notice of good advice offered by Mr Boyd.

john m said:
hellbound said:
john m said:

Glariforcation, sorry clariforcation

Saturday 14th June N.N.W.R.F.

Sunday 15th June Devon and Somerset

Wednesday 18th June Devon and Somerset

Saturday 21st June I.R.G.Event

Sunday 22nd June BWRA EVENT

As you can see there will be only one event that you will be allowed to race and that will be the last days racing. 400 mile round trip for a personal appearance that no one will take a blind bit of notice off hardly seems worth the price of the fuel.

Retrace the thread and take notice of good advice offered by Mr Boyd.

not getting into your pettiness, :clown:

if i decide to spend a hoilday in devon and race my dogs that will be upto me

and if i want to make a personal appearance and see all my friends and watch the racing again that will be my decision :)

but thank you so much for your reply :wub: :wub:

not getting into your pettiness,

not at the devon and somerset track will it be up to you

and if i want to make a personal appearance and see all my friends and watch the racing again that will be my decision

But not at the Devon and somerset track

but thank you so much for your reply No problem, glad I could be a help.

Just one more thing, I understand the last days racing is to be run by the B.W.R.A.

If it is run by the local Mid West B.W.R.A. I understand you are still banned by those also.

john m said:
not getting into your pettiness, 

not at the devon and somerset track will it be up to you

and if i want to make a personal appearance and see all my friends and watch the racing again that will be my decision

But not at the Devon and somerset track

but thank you so much for your reply    No problem, glad I could be a help.

Just one more thing, I understand the last days racing is to be run by the B.W.R.A.

If it is run by the local Mid West B.W.R.A. I understand you are still banned by those also.

the I.B.M is a NATIONAL B.W.R.A event and open to all member's of the bwra,

if Devon and Someset club did not want bwra member to race on the track then they should rethink holding national events

Devon and Someset track is still owned by Devon Districk Council i believe, NOT YOU

the I.B.M is a NATIONAL B.W.R.A event and open to all member's of the bwra,

if Devon and Someset club did not want bwra member to race on the track then they should rethink holding national events.

This is an option to consider for the future

Devon and Someset track is still owned by Devon Districk Council i believe, NOT YOU ,

Wrong yet again, the track is leased to the club and not by the Devon Districk council,no such body exists, and it is up to the committee of that club as to who does what and when

Once people get a club runin and put the hard work in to it :thumbsup:

It should be up to them who runs and who dosnt

I think everyone has the same problem. If you rent land from the council, does it still remain council property? Cos, as I understand things my club rents use of a strip of council land in Thurrock, but the land is already rented to Thurrock RFC, is the council sub-letting? I don't know...Just reckon that public playing fields should be open to all..Regardless if it's whippet racing, football or rugby, or whatever, do we have the right to ban anyone? And if so, is the Devon and Somerset Club affiliated to the BWRA? Just a question, that is all, not a statement, just a question...so, please don't shoot me to bit's..thanks...

Paul

Karen-Coral said:
I think that is a sensible rule the last thing you want whilst on holidays is any bad atmospheres ---caused by outside influences ---Common sense always the only rule required----
hope all that are  going have great weather/ great time /with some great racing ---and all go home happy!!!!

steve

I agree with Steve on this one :thumbsup:

Hope the weathers good too :sweating: :sweating: unlike last year

it may be upto the committee as to who does what and when at club, on the track at club opens

but not when it come's to a national bwra event,

Once people get a club runin and put the hard work in to it thumbsup.gif

It should be up to them who runs and who dosnt

i agree BWRA MEMBER, as long as that club dosnt Affiliate to the BWRA and want to hold national events

see rule 2, in your membership book :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing more to say on this subject, you have confirmed that you have read the rules by your replies, these rules will be persued with vigour by the club and the local law enforcement officers at the clubs request, no one who has replied in this debate cannot say they dont know the rules. It has been a very interesting exercise. Will hope to see you on the field on the last sunday, at your cost of course

Well done the Devon club, everybody will be able to ENJOY their holiday without any unscrupulous people there to spoil the atmosphere.

Pity more clubs didnt do the same, whippet racing would then be back to how it was before these two people ripped all their friends off.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
If more club introduced rules as this kind, organizations wouldn't be left with dealing with situations that arise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back