The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Devon

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
RealMadYid said:
Why try and spoil a good thread ? You wont be flavour of the month with comments like that Paul.

Devon has been going for many years, for most the Devon events are an added bonus to a holiday. And its a great deal of hard work for not evan a handfull of people. Folks will race where thay can, when thay can, at the tracks thay choose for their dogs. And when family commitments allow.

Well done to everyone today.

I beg to differ, I hope everyone in devon has a good time, and well done to all the workers, however the Thurrock club put on a recent weekend event and the turn-out was below our expectations, and will probably cost the club money...peopole like to use Thurrock for trialling, but we don't see 'em come back to our events...it is very frustrating...

And, I don't believe I will upset anyone, cos those who did come had a great time....

If the club does have to fold, cos of lack of funds, or the work we do with the council falls on deaf ears, what happens to all the racing dogs down here?

Paul

I understand what you are saying Paul . its happened to alot of clubs, some that have been open longer than I have been racing. But nothing will change we evan payed the bills from our own pocket to try and keep Stevenage open, but it was all a waist of time money and effort, we just didnt get any support at club level, only at the opens

Sorry I havnt got the full results

ANOTHER SPOT won today.

Well done

I think Devon does still run as a club as i know that vern and co run regularly on sundays and are always welcoming for people to turn up and trial as we have done several times when fordingbridge has been too hard etc.

It was a shame Thuruck didnt get a good turn out i personally didnt go as i have just started my first proper job and wud have had to take the monday off so didnt think it would have made the best impression and i also no longer have a dog to run, however i dont think its fair to knock devon for the fact that they have a good turn out.

Sheila, Arthur and all of the other workers work very hard to keep thuruck running and in good condition, as do most clubs and deserve much thanks from all the racers, i just hope that the events they hold in the future have better turnouts as every club deserves its chance. :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from devon lovely weather great company and every 1 havin a laf the workers are doin a smashin job and some great racin been goin on

our amy won the bitches another spot won the dogs

hope to see u down ther next week paul the ground is spungy firm with a nice dark green grass coverin

:cheers:

Hi Andy,

Thanks mate...sadly we're doing our charity race on Saturday night, so I can't make it. A bit frustrating really, cos the fella has been performing on the straights..

still, good luck to you all anyhow...

Paul

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back