The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Disgusted At The Cornish Arguements...

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i feel so sorry for anyone that organises a show only to have their nose rubbed in it !! why cant you lot not bloody get on down there......????

you've got a purpose built lurcher track which incidently is a credit to the family who run it, then youve got 2 or 3 other events all around the same area which im sure are very good venues too...THEN YOUVE GOT IDIOTS WHO ARGUE DAILY ON K9 ABOUT CORNISH THIS... CORNISH THAT... GET A LIFE !!!!!!!! YOU LOOK LIKE BIG SPOILT CHILDREN WITH YOUR GRIPES ABOUT TOSS-ALL !!

SAME COUPLE OF NAMES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN..DO US A FAVOUR AND GO TO ANOTHER SITE EH ??

we get about 5 shows a year over here.... you lot can pick and chose every week where to go to and still you yap yap yap....... arguing about... "heights..colours types..distances....trophys...ground...water....access....my dogs this...my dogs that......" !!

i honestly feel for the ordinary lurcher owners down there as the same whinging self-praising few are ruining your image...

PERSONALLY I FANCIED GOING DOWN THERE..NOW..hahah ..? WELL NOT NOW WHILE ITS HANDBAGS AT 25 YDS...GROW UP !!!

(sorry :b but I edited some of the language)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree at the comments made ............. I am a novice lurcherer and have been looking forward to going to as many shows as possible. Are they all as cut throat and back stabby as these? (w00t)

Think I may be too calm and uncompetitive lol and will have to stay at home! :eek:

no most shows are great and you can have some good fun with freindly people,mark, the 1 show stormy is on about its me having a go at a certain person,maybe i shouldnt of expressed my oppinion on a public forum,mark

Please do not tar all lurcher folk (and cornish ones at that) with the same brush. I used to race and show quite a lot a while ago, and I admit did quite well, but due to all the fighting and bickering did in the end give it all up. Please do not do the same, not all shows and folk are bad - please perservere. (w00t)

dont take stormy on,look at the irish game and country fair bir castle 25th and 26th aug, post 24 page 2 he moans more then anybody :lol: :lol: and at least in the years ive been doing this its the 1st time i have complained this thread was put up as a p--s take,hes on mod view as he does it more then me :oops: and the kernow lurcher club is starting again with all new gear and a few new faces and old faces and a 16 acre flat field to call home,mark

Would be grateful to hear of details re Kernow Lurcher Club restarting ie website,

new Chairman and venue and when their first show will be.

We have some great memories of the club when Maxine and Bill ran it-which unfortunately ended in tears.

Other members were Ray,Karen, Mark (not Markbrick),Bernie,John Miles,Graham and Jane with her Devon flag.

Would be nice to meet up again and see if they've aged as much as I have. (w00t)

Looking forward to a reply. :thumbsup:

markbrick said:
dont take stormy on,look at the irish game and country fair bir castle 25th and 26th aug, post 24 page 2 he moans more then anybody :lol:   :lol: and at least in the years ive been doing this its the 1st time i have complained this thread was put up as a p--s take,hes on mod view as he does it more then me :oops: and the kernow lurcher club is starting again with all new gear and a few new faces and old faces and a 16 acre flat field to call home,mark

who are you kidding ? every post you reply to you take a snipe at them and finish with a "big-up" to yourself !! from last year youve had ongoing feuds with unnamed people on here..youve argued about whippets at lurcher racing or not being allowed to race or some other "lose- the- will- to- live- whilst- reading" :lol: :lol: you hammered the organisers for having little or no water after then stating your such a guy cos you brought some anyway :wacko: :wacko:

i only say what others are a afraid to say.....then again thats why im on mod-preview with a high warn-level........but at the end of the day im man enough to take my punishment and have always said what i know is right but im also man enough to shake hands wether im a winner or a loser ...

[SIZE=14pt] NEVER FEAR THE TRUTH NOR DENY IT[/SIZE]

jane766 said:
Would be grateful to hear of details re Kernow Lurcher Club restarting ie website,new Chairman and venue and when their first show will be.

We have some great memories of the club when Maxine and Bill ran it-which unfortunately ended in tears.

Other members were Ray,Karen, Mark (not Markbrick),Bernie,John Miles,Graham and Jane with her Devon flag.

Would be nice to meet up again and see if they've aged as much as I have.  (w00t)  

Looking forward to a reply. :thumbsup:

it will be a few weeks until things come to light, but they are starting up again mark and ray were here the other night and mark is here tonight,mark

PS-sorry Stormydog-I have hijacked your topic.

You are quite correct in what you say and it's all very sad--we are actually from Devon but used to frequent the Cornish events.This stopped about 3 years ago due to the in-fighting ,back-stabbing and generally unsettling atmosphere--we did not enjoy ourselves anymore.Incidentally-winning never entered into with us as one of our dogs is old and the other a barger so he can only enter the long jump.We went because we enjoyed the sight of lurchers running and displaying their skills.Seeing them grow from puppies and hearing of their exploits.But so many arguments and people being banned from certain clubs etc etc soured it.

Yes the Palmers at Helston Showground do a wonderful job and we have been grateful that they do.Not many other people would take on such a venture.

They have first-class toilets and shower facilities,lovely camping field and are very welcoming.They try their best to please everyone but,of course,you never can.

Perhaps the problem with us is that we are not competitive,do not keep changing dogs just to get THE one.That aspect worries me-certain people always have different dogs and are not particularly forthcoming in saying what happened to last year's.

At the end of the day-some people have values,manners and are fine up-standing members of their community.And others are not and will never change.

I have pledged that these "people" will never get me down and I will not become like them.

OK-Sermon over.Pity you won't be coming to Helston Stormydog--would have liked to see your dogs and new puppy in action and of course shared a few bottles of Guiness with you.

Luck to all who go to Helston--will be interested to see the results and how many trophies Markbrick wins :oops: May the best dogs win.

stormydog said:
markbrick said:
dont take stormy on,look at the irish game and country fair bir castle 25th and 26th aug, post 24 page 2 he moans more then anybody :lol:   :lol: and at least in the years ive been doing this its the 1st time i have complained this thread was put up as a p--s take,hes on mod view as he does it more then me :oops: and the kernow lurcher club is starting again with all new gear and a few new faces and old faces and a 16 acre flat field to call home,mark

who are you kidding ? every post you reply to you take a snipe at them and finish with a "big-up" to yourself !! from last year youve had ongoing feuds with unnamed people on here..youve argued about whippets at lurcher racing or not being allowed to race or some other "lose- the- will- to- live- whilst- reading" :lol: :lol: you hammered the organisers for having little or no water after then stating your such a guy cos you brought some anyway :wacko: :wacko:

i only say what others are a afraid to say.....then again thats why im on mod-preview with a high warn-level........but at the end of the day im man enough to take my punishment and have always said what i know is right but im also man enough to shake hands wether im a winner or a loser ...

LURCHERS AT WHIPPET GROUNDS YES I HAVE ARGUED IN THER FAVOUR WHEN THE LADY IN QUESTION WAS IN TEARS AT A CLUB MEETING I SAID SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN EM ,I BROUGHT WATER AS MY PLACE IS A CROSS THE ROAD 25 LITRE CONTAINER FULL AND GIVE IT ALL AWAY AS DOGS HAD NON AND PEOPLE DIDNT FETCH ANY,AND I SHAKE HANDS BUT I COULDNT STAY LONGER AS IT WAS 8,30 AND HAD TO GET AWAY AS THE TERRIERS WERE LOCKED IN FROM 8,30 THAT MORNING, AND SNIPES AT PEOPLE YOU ARE ONE OF THE WORST WHATS HAPPENING IN YOUR OWN CLUB AT THE MOMENT AND OTHER MEETINGS OVER THERE??????YOU ARE 5 FOLD WORSE THEN ME REMEMBER CHOMLEY AND THE MIDLANDS YOU SHOOK NOBODYS HANDS THERE DID YOU AS YOU WERE :rant: MARK

If I recall rightly, John's complaints were about the lure driving and muzzling, 2 things I consider to be the responsibility of the organisers. Your complaints however were about water provision and shelter and having to walk a distance to the start line. The first two I consider to be the dog owners responsibility as lots of events are held around the country in fields without shade or shelter or drinking water supplies. The latter I personally don't see as being of detriment to a dog as I think it's beneficial to walk your dog out prior and subsequent to racing in order to keep muscles both warmed up and to give them a reasonable period to cool down. Just my opinion. :thumbsup:

wild whippies said:
If I recall rightly, John's complaints were about the lure driving and muzzling, 2 things I consider to be the responsibility of the organisers. Your complaints however were about water provision and shelter and having to walk a distance to the start line. The first two I consider to be the dog owners responsibility as lots of events are held around the country in fields without shade or shelter or drinking water supplies. The latter I personally don't see as being of detriment to a dog as I think it's beneficial to walk your dog out prior and subsequent to racing in order to keep muscles both warmed up and to give them a reasonable period to cool down. Just my opinion. :thumbsup:
YOU DONT GET IT, I HAD WATER,I GIVE IT AWAY AS A LOT OF PEOPLE CAME WITHOUT IT ,300 YARDS FROM CAR TO START LINE NO WATER ON ANY START LINE,NO SHADE AS CARS WERNT ALLOWED DOWN ,ONLY FOR A SELECTED FEW,IF YOU THINK THATS RIGHT WELL FOOL ON YOU

markbrick said:
stormydog said:
markbrick said:

LURCHERS AT WHIPPET GROUNDS YES I HAVE ARGUED IN THER FAVOUR WHEN THE LADY IN QUESTION WAS IN TEARS AT A CLUB MEETING I SAID SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN EM ,I BROUGHT WATER AS MY PLACE IS A CROSS THE ROAD 25 LITRE CONTAINER FULL AND GIVE IT ALL AWAY AS DOGS HAD NON AND PEOPLE DIDNT FETCH ANY,AND I SHAKE HANDS BUT I COULDNT STAY LONGER AS IT WAS 8,30 AND HAD TO GET AWAY AS THE TERRIERS WERE LOCKED IN FROM 8,30 THAT MORNING, AND SNIPES AT PEOPLE YOU ARE ONE OF THE WORST WHATS HAPPENING IN YOUR OWN CLUB AT THE MOMENT AND OTHER MEETINGS OVER THERE??????YOU ARE 5 FOLD WORSE THEN ME REMEMBER CHOMLEY AND THE MIDLANDS YOU SHOOK NOBODYS HANDS THERE DID YOU AS YOU WERE :rant: MARK

if you took water then why did you come over to use mine?

joe 90 again who are you then and where did i use yours as i had a 25 litre container in the hilux

and again a new member one who has joined as they were told to,to fight the cornor for a club whos run by a women who cant be told,who cant stand losing, at least say who you are and i do are just another hiding behind a false name,mark

markbrick said:
and again a new member one who has joined as they were told to,to fight the cornor for a club whos run by a women who cant be told,who cant stand losing, at least say who you are and i do are just another hiding behind a false name,mark

get your facts right before you post i heard people chattin bout the site and thought id check it out

may i make a suggestion here , there are issues privately between yourselves but venues and shows are hard to find, so why dont you put your differences aside and work together for the benefit of the LURCHER and the pleasure of showing off our dogs??

the beauty of a true working lurcher running and showing as well as working is a joy, lets all work together please :huggles:

posh totty said:
may i make a suggestion here , there are issues privately between yourselves but venues and shows are hard to find, so why dont you put your differences aside and work together for the benefit of the LURCHER and the pleasure of showing off our dogs??
the beauty of a true working lurcher running and showing as well as working is a joy, lets all work together please  :huggles:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

markbrick said:
wild whippies said:
YOU DONT GET IT, I HAD WATER,I GIVE IT AWAY AS A LOT OF PEOPLE CAME WITHOUT IT ,300 YARDS FROM CAR TO START LINE NO WATER ON ANY START LINE,NO SHADE AS CARS WERNT ALLOWED DOWN ,ONLY FOR A SELECTED FEW,IF YOU THINK THATS RIGHT WELL FOOL ON YOU

joe90 said:
if you took water then why did you come over to use mine?
Now come on Joe, it's obviously because he gave all his away. ;)

Now who's the fool?

It does put some people off going 2 some shows but i go now just in case theres a fight (w00t) wouldnt want 2 miss it,NO REALLY it does get me pissed off 2 mate when i first went 2 a show with my dogs (2003) there was loads of people getting on with each other now every 1 hates each other and theres only a hand full of people. I bet there will not be any shows down here in 3-5 years may be sooner i hope im wrong but if people carry on like they r i will be right.

Joe

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back