The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Bed Advice

Rabbitrunner

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I need some advice on which dog bed is going to be the most practical for my new whippet pup when he arrives on the 2nd of Jan, I want something that is going to be easy to clean, preferably machine washable, and does not allow parasites and the like to invade. Any adcice on what is worth considering would be appreciated.

Rabbitrunner said:
I need some advice on which dog bed is going to be the most practical for my new whippet pup when he arrives on the 2nd of Jan,  I want something that is going to be easy to clean, preferably machine washable, and does not allow parasites and the like to invade. Any adcice on what is worth considering would be appreciated.
hi, whippets love comfort, so i think the best beds are the soft basket types with a blanket to cover the puppy over, as they also like to be wrapped up, good idea to put this in a dog cage while he is young to keep him out of mischief! these beds can be washed in a machine so are quite practical, saying all these most whippets prefer the sofa or armchair when theyre older to any dog bed! hope this is of some use!

whippet2366 said:
Rabbitrunner said:
I need some advice on which dog bed is going to be the most practical for my new whippet pup when he arrives on the 2nd of Jan,  I want something that is going to be easy to clean, preferably machine washable, and does not allow parasites and the like to invade. Any adcice on what is worth considering would be appreciated.
hi, whippets love comfort, so i think the best beds are the soft basket types with a blanket to cover the puppy over, as they also like to be wrapped up, good idea to put this in a dog cage while he is young to keep him out of mischief! these beds can be washed in a machine so are quite practical, saying all these most whippets prefer the sofa or armchair when theyre older to any dog bed! hope this is of some use!

Thanks,

I was considering one the donut type beds they look pretty comfy, I was also going to get a small pen to surround his bed while he is still small, and so that he knows this is his own personal space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate animals

Togsfordogs

Pet emprorium

I have soft beds for mine rabbitrunner and also a large cushion in the kitchen which they both fit on. :thumbsup:

Heres a couple of sites which I think are really good for dog beds.

Im awaiting a delivery of a new one from the Pet Emporium - its a soft drop fronted one in a fleece lined fabric and all fully washable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rabbitrunner

Please don't buy the expensive soft bed for your pup just yet i did and it was ripped apart within a week. If i was you i'd buy a plastic bed (about £7) and put an old sheet in it that way it doesn't cost a fortune if the sheet gets ripped. plus you can easily wash the sheet. I use a plastic bed and a sheet for my dogs and i find it really easily to keep there beds clean and parasite free.

Hi rabbitrunner

I have had many many soft beds chewed to pieces, costing me a fortune!!! However I still persist (hoping that one day they won't destroy it immediately :D

Having said that, my first pup never chewed a bed at all, until the second one came along :devil:

You might be lucky, your pup might be an angel. I'd get a nice soft bed first (cos they do prefer them). If it gets destroyed, then just give the pup a pile of old blankets. Thats what I do now, what a wicked woman!!!

Whatever you do, don't get it a bean bag until you know its not gonna chew it, I came home one day and it looked like it had been snowing in my kitchen!!!

Good luck

The Swedish Biabed is a classic here in Scandinavia: http://www.biabed.com

Sorry, I don't know if they are available in Britain.

My Biabed has survived almost twenty years and three whippet puppies and still looks almost new. The dogs do not seem to keen to chew the material it is made from. Mind you, I always put a blanket in it for extra comfort.

Most of my soft beds have lasted ages - but maybe Ive been lucky. :- "

they do wear out eventually then I replace them, and I still think they are more comfy, but hard ones are probably more practical if your dogs are outside in kennels too. Mine are indoors and still prefer the sofa. :lol:

heres one bed with Oscar in it.

Oscar_in_new_bed.jpg

mine have a soft bed ............... , MINE (w00t)

ive had a couple of the foam filled ones chewed bot the donut style and the faux suede on i have are still surviving ,,,, for now :- "

i think they rip em up if they are not comfy enough so you go buy em a new one (w00t)

mine are always on the sofa or in my bed anyway :wub:

great hot wtaer bottles :thumbsup:

Just waiting for Wild Whippies to post a pic of her dog bed (w00t) :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back