The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog bed recommendations

S_Ross

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all,

I'm looking to get a new bed (or two) for my pups. I get overwhelmed with all the options! I'm interested in ones that might be:
  • washable (or waterproof?)
  • best for burrowers (my terrier) or side/back sleepers (my spaniel)
  • thermal insulation?
  • cosy but not very furry (my terrier chewed on a furry mat we have, he'll ingest it I think)
  • natural materials - I like to avoid unrecyclable plastics like polyester
I might get my dogs one each, they're often happy to spread out.
I don't need something 'perfect' but the amount of choice leaves me stumped!

Any recommendations for good, reliable brands or online shops are very welcome.
Or, of course, any tips of things to avoid :)

I'm a big fan of Orvis beds - after having several beds that ended up lumpy, or flat, or in some cases humped to death, I've found that Orvis seem to last forever and are so comfortable I could sleep on one myself if it was just a little bigger.

Buuuuut... they are very expensive and this may well be a deal breaker for you.

I am happy that I bought a memory foam mattress for my dog's bed, that might suit your spaniel well because it gives great support. You could possibly get a memory foam pillow that would be a bit cheaper. It's still man-made material but I think you will struggle to get away from that.

For snuggling, what about a single duvet? You could possibly even pick up something at a charity shop. And with both a pillow and duvet, you could easily replace covers if they get torn or nibbled. And easily co-ordinate to your colour scheme.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back