Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo753

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, I've heard the term dog dealer used a few times on this site and just wondered exactly what one is and if it is illegal. Also, if i know a "dog dealer" (which i think i do), what can i do to stop them??

Dont worry, im not one lol, I have one 7 month old collie x whippet who is our pet and always will be.

IMO a dog dealer is someone who buys and sells dogs for a profit without keeping any. Its not illegal but i would say its immoral. :rant:

Its such a shame its not illegal as i know these people are buying and selling dogs for profit. So theres nothing than can be done to stop them?

They were members on here for a while but they dont come on often now because of people getting suspicious then. They have had 3 dogs for sale on freeads in the last month. One "rare breed", one hancock dog and one that comes from a very good blood line. I had a friend who was advertising on there so was keeping a frequent eye out and this person seemed to have a different dog every week.

I know what you mean but it dosent seem anything can be done about people like this, i feel sorry for the poor dogs past from one to another, such a shame. :(

I have just had a warning in PM about this post and it being deleted if turned into a witch hunt. I am sorry if i have offended anyone who knows the "dog dealers" but IMO all K9ers have a right to know as the couple in question obtained many of their dogs thru k9 and similar sites.

That must be through people not being so choosy as to where there dogs go then, surely if dogs are up for rehoming potential owners should be checked out first.

Definitely. I think people should just be a bit more careful who they rehome their dogs with, and keep an eye on freeads the week after theyve let them go!

I have just had a warning in PM about this post and it being deleted if turned into a witch hunt. I am sorry if i have offended anyone who knows the "dog dealers"
firstly I don't know the people this is aimed at but I do know the full story behind the personal situation and IMO it has more to do with that than anything else.

The person concerned doesnt use K9 anymore so is unable to defend themselves if named.

the people concerned will not be named and they dont have to stick up for themselves. The evidence is on free ads and other advertising sites and also on past posts on here. I will not be posting anything further on here. Yes we have personal background but as i have said, dog dealing is wrong and whether its a relative, a friend o a neighbour, i would do exactly the same! As i said, in fear of offending anyone i will not be replying to this pos again but if anyone wants more info feel free to PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back