The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Died In Car

What kind of idiots do this,if theres any justice in this world he/she should be banned from ever owning a dog again,i`d go as far as a prison sentence for incompetance and cruelty to animals but doubt that would happen.Hate reading things like that,winds me up.

Are these people completely f***ing stupid :rant: :rant: :rant:

omg b----------d they should be shut up in a car and see how that poor dog suffered some ppl got no brains

Morons. Put a fur coat on them and lock them in a car see how they like it :rant:

some peoepl never sees to astonish me have they not seen the warning on the telly about the heat.

All my lot havent doneanything or been in the car for days its just too hot and tomorrew we have to take indy to the vets in theafternoon so we will run the aircon for a but before we even come and get her.

I bet the mornos got in the car with the dogs when setting off for the show and said god its hot in here :angry:

I am also amazed how many people have there dogs out with no watre with them as there sat there knocking back a pint outside the pup cos there to hot :angry: :angry: :angry:

id like to see their names and photos in the local rag along with piccys of the dog, a sort of name and shame. Stupid sods. If it was a child they wouldnt get away with it! I bloody HATE people!!! PAss me the baseball bat and i`ll do the honours! :rant: :rant: :rant:

george06 said:
What kind of idiots do this,i
Total moron or somebody who parked in the shade and the shade moved. By the way leaving the windows open will NOT be enough in really hot weather. Once the temperature gets close to 30 C , car parked even in partial shade (under sparse tree) will get very hot in matter of minutes. Probabkly the radiant heat from all the black bitumen would contribute as well.

You think it is bad that people leave dogs in a car, I used to have rows with peole in supermarket carparks for leaving small children in their cars. Although that hs not happened for a while now. Few years ago woman left a baby in a car and went to play pokermachines :rant: . The child died and she was charged in well publicised court case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there were dogs still being left in cars at Windsor Champ show.

This from back in May.

>Pet dog dies from heat in owner's car Jun 29 2006

By Advertiser Reporter editor@Dorkingadvertiser.Co.Uk

A PET dog died after it was left in a businessman's locked car on one of the hottest days of the year.

Andrew Cole,41, of Yew Tree Cottage in Ranmore Common, claimed he forgot the three-year-old Rhodesian Ridgeback was in his Lexus Estate when he went to work.

At Dorking Magistrates' Court last Friday, Cole, a man-aging director of an electronics firm, admitted cruelty towards an animal.

Paras Gorasia, prosecuting, said Cole was about to leave his house at 2.30pm on May 4 to drive to work at Sports Coach Systems, in Curtis Road, when his girlfriend asked if he would take pet dog Henry with him.

The dog jumped in the back of the vehicle, but when Cole arrived at the office he had forgotten the family pet and left it in the car with the windows closed and no water.

The temperature inside the car had soared by the time Cole returned at 5.30pm. He saw the car was filled with condensation and the dog slumped in the back.

He realised the dog was dead and, later,when Cole was burying the pet in his garden he was spotted by a resident who alerted the RSPCA. An officer from the animal welfare group called at Cole's home on May 6 and exhumed the corpse.

A post-mortem carried out on June 11 confirmed the animal had died of heat exhaustion. Mr Gorasia said Cole had no previous convictions.

Phillip Longes, defending, said Cole was preoccupied with business matters and was suffering with 'flu when he left his dog alone in the car.

Mr Longes said when Cole realised Henry had died he was devastated. "The dog had been cherished by Mr Cole, his partner and their daughter," he said.

"Mr Cole was not well and had a million and one things on his mind. He popped home at lunchtime and his girlfriend did not want to leave the dog in the house.Henry was well used to going to Mr Cole's office and was well liked by staff.

"He parked in the car park, got out and because Henry was such a good dog and did not jump up, he did not see him in the rear view mirror."

Mr Longes said it was the first time Cole had transported the dog in the car,adding: "This is not a case of deliberate cruelty to a dog. Apart from the cause of death, in every other respect the dog was well cared for."

Two witnesses spoke in Cole's defence to say he had been a caring pet owner.

Magistrates spared Cole a lifetime ban on owning a pet. He was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £578.50 court costs.

Anna Dullart, chairman of the bench, told Cole: "We have taken a fairly unusual view on this matter. Our guidelines state a community punishment for this type of offence. However, we have departed from these guidelines."

Speaking after the court case RSPCA spokesman Jo Barr said: "Dogs can't sweat like we can. It gets like an oven in a [car in] summer and any length of time left in it would be too long."

BeeJay said:
This from back in May.

>Pet dog dies from heat in owner's car Jun 29 2006

By Advertiser Reporter editor@Dorkingadvertiser.Co.Uk

A PET dog died after it was left in a businessman's locked car on one of the hottest days of the year.

Andrew Cole,41, of Yew Tree Cottage in Ranmore Common, claimed he forgot the three-year-old Rhodesian Ridgeback was in his Lexus Estate when he went to work.

At Dorking Magistrates' Court last Friday, Cole, a man-aging director of an electronics firm, admitted cruelty towards an animal.

Paras Gorasia, prosecuting, said Cole was about to leave his house at 2.30pm on May 4 to drive to work at Sports Coach Systems, in Curtis Road, when his girlfriend asked if he would take pet dog Henry with him.

The dog jumped in the back of the vehicle, but when Cole arrived at the office he had forgotten the family pet and left it in the car with the windows closed and no water.

The temperature inside the car had soared by the time Cole returned at 5.30pm. He saw the car was filled with condensation and the dog slumped in the back.

He realised the dog was dead and, later,when Cole was burying the pet in his garden he was spotted by a resident who alerted the RSPCA. An officer from the animal welfare group called at Cole's home on May 6 and exhumed the corpse.

A post-mortem carried out on June 11 confirmed the animal had died of heat exhaustion. Mr Gorasia said Cole had no previous convictions.

Phillip Longes, defending, said Cole was preoccupied with business matters and was suffering with 'flu when he left his dog alone in the car.

Mr Longes said when Cole realised Henry had died he was devastated. "The dog had been cherished by Mr Cole, his partner and their daughter," he said.

"Mr Cole was not well and had a million and one things on his mind. He popped home at lunchtime and his girlfriend did not want to leave the dog in the house.Henry was well used to going to Mr Cole's office and was well liked by staff.

"He parked in the car park, got out and because Henry was such a good dog and did not jump up, he did not see him in the rear view mirror."

Mr Longes said it was the first time Cole had transported the dog in the car,adding: "This is not a case of deliberate cruelty to a dog. Apart from the cause of death, in every other respect the dog was well cared for."

Two witnesses spoke in Cole's defence to say he had been a caring pet owner.

Magistrates spared Cole a lifetime ban on owning a pet. He was sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £578.50 court costs.

Anna Dullart, chairman of the bench, told Cole: "We have taken a fairly unusual view on this matter. Our guidelines state a community punishment for this type of offence. However, we have departed from these guidelines."

Speaking after the court case RSPCA spokesman Jo Barr said: "Dogs can't sweat like we can. It gets like an oven in a [car in] summer and any length of time left in it would be too long."

[/quot

HOW CAN YOU FORGET THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN YOUR DOG R.I.P LITLE ONE

:eek: THATS HORRIFIC! awful as it sounds, i think the poor guy is well out of it: his mistress didnt want him in the house (why? given that the reason the owner 'never realised' the dog was in the car was because he was so well behaved?) and his master was either totally incompetant (in which case, i for one certainly wouldnt think him suitable to be involved in a business) or frighteningly cruel and neglectful, not just to the dog, but towards his daughter by depriving her of their pet.

personally, i think this scumbag should be, not only splashed across papers, but this sickening story passed to every business associate, every neighbour, AND social services. if someone can allow their dog to suffer this fate without a qualm, i have serious concerns for the childs welfare :(

oh, and another thing: if this was the 1st time the dog had been transported in the car, how was poor harry well known etc etc at the office? someone that thoughtless (lets face it, if the guy really was ill, he wouldnt have gone to work) doesnt strike me as the sort to take the time and effort to walk the dog into work with him (in any case, doesnt that contravene some kind of health and safety regulation?)

so many inconsistancies.... :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
lucy2.jpgWhat is wrong with people these days? I dont even leave my dog in the car in winter if the sun is out. If I do leave her its only for a few mins while I pop into a shop or something and not for a long period. Even when she is out in the garden with me during this hot weather I am constantly checking she is not in the full sun. She is blind so she can't always find the shade so I pick her up and move her to it. There are too many idiots in this world and that is putting it mildly!!

Makes my blood boil to think what we have to live among... some people dont have the brains that they were born with... makes me sick :rant: :rant: :rant: ...

R.I.P little one..

damitjanet said:
View attachment 33035What is wrong with people these days? I dont even leave my dog in the car in winter if the sun is out. If I do leave her its only for a few mins while I pop into a shop or something and not for a long period. Even when she is out in the garden with me during this hot weather I am constantly checking she is not in the full sun. She is blind so she can't always find the shade so I pick her up and move her to it. There are too many idiots in this world and that is putting it mildly!!
Something about looking at a rough coated terrier always makes me smile. Your little girl is lovely.

julieleigh said:
Makes my blood boil to think what we have to live among... some people dont have the brains that they were born with... makes me    sick  :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   ...
R.I.P little one..

They want locking in a car on a hot day - just to see how it feels :rant: :rant:

Parking in the shade makes no difference

Opening windows makes no difference - take the story of a family who were driving on holiday, had all the windows down and a dog in the boot, the dog had to be rushed to the vet with heat stroke (thankfully he survived), the air circulated at the front of the car but not the back. -

I have left my dogs in a car if I needed to pop in somewhere, but I have also walked straight back to the car when I've seen the size of the queue!

When I used to live in Macclesfield, about 5years ago now, there was a big ho-ha in the paper about a couple who left their Newfounderland in a car in August(!), the car park attendent and RSPCA tried to get the dog out but failed and the couple returned to the car with a dead dog in it (The front page story had a wonderful picture of the couple bent over the body of the dog lying half in half out the car)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back