The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog forcing out poo's on walks!

Shelly1407

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there

My 3 year old Lhasa is a nightmare to walk at the moment as he forces out poo's in the park until theres practically nothing left to come out.

Any advice would be appreciated. The vet said castrating him would solve the sniffing/poo problem but it didn't and he was done 1 year ago.

Thanks in advance

this sounds like an issue that can possibly be fixed with correct training. My friend had a labrador who would do something similar except she would pee everywhere instead. She actually fixed this issue by self teaching herself correct dog training with Doggy Dan's online dog training. Have you tried contacting a dog trainer and asking for his advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't really understand what you mean by forcing out his poo. Is he doing lots of little bits? Is he straining to go?

Is he behaving like this to prolong his walk?

If you take him home immediately he has done his poo does he know that it will end his walk so he saves some up to delay going home? If you think this is the case then you need to take him on longer walks after he has emptied himself. I know of a bulldog (among others) that did the same thing.

As lurcherman says, better out than in, can't see a problem, your dogs enjoying his ablutions.

I can spend an hour in the morning reading my paper in the loo, my dog doesn't complain about the time I spend, and I don't complain about the time he takes.

You can't really teach him that this is a bad thing, you just have to patiently wait till he is finished.

Your comment about your dog sniffing poo, or even eating it. natural harmless doggy thing, I'm afraid vets seem to think that castration is the be all and end all of cures,,, no it's just a good money earner for them.

It's amazing the amount of people that come to me for training and say "the vet castrated him and said he would be OK" but still continues the bad behaviour.

I am all for castration to stop unwanted pregnancies, but nothing is better than at least a basic course of training.

Shewy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back