The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Grooming - Help

jji

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just used my new Wahl clippers plus blade attachment for the first time and had a bit of a disaster. The first side lots of hair came off but when I took the attachment off to clean it and put it back on, things didn't seem to work. I don't think the clippers are cutting the hair but I've checked everything and can't see where the problem is.

I have tried just using the blade on it's own but even then it won't cut short enough. I have an 8.5 Competition Series blade which came with the clippers. After I used it the first time, it felt like the blade was dragging through the hair but I have checked and the blades are moving.

I have just moved to Glasgow for 18months and don't know anyone or where to go to get some help - I can find someone on Monday no doubt.

Can anyone give me any advice meanwhile please?

You need to make sure there is no hair stuck in them and you normally get oil with them and need to keep them oiled I think?

Welcome to Dog Forum, I am Anna :)

The comb attachments work a lot better on a 30 or 15 blade, I've never tried to use them with a 8.5 . It sounds as though the blade is clogged up, try sliding the upper blade over a bit, and brush, then to the other side, oil, and try again.

Thank you both for your advice. I have reoiled and yes, I think it has something to do with the blade size, think I need to order another size.

I am Jennie, I will get around to getting a photo of my lovely patient wheaten terrier!

Hi! Welcome to the forum :) Hope you sort the clippers out soon.

welcome to the wonderful world of k9 :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back