The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog has bad tummy and doesn't want to go out

hollysh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm boarding a French bull dog at the moment. He's adorable:)
Thing is the owner told me that he gets a sensitive tummy and has had diarrhoea since he's been here. He's on special food for allergies as well.
She told me to give him chicken and rice. Which I've started doing today and have taken away his dried food for a while as I'm not sure it's doing him any good.
He's always been reluctant to go for a walk. The owner has said he's stubborn but this morning I had to drag him. He wouldn't move.
Do you think I shouldn't walk him until his tummy is better? Thinking he may just be run down and needs a rest. I dont want to force him to go places he doesnt wanr to go.
Im planning to see how it goes today and feed him some more chicken and rice tonight.
Is this a common problem in frenchies?

A day off from walking won't harm him. But bear in mind that if you drag him, the walk will be even more unpleasant for him and make him more reluctant. Can you lure hum forward with little bits of his chicken? If it is unlike his normal behaviour (ie if he normally enjoys walks) there might be something else going on and you may need to take him to the vet.

I would trust your instinct here and not walk him . He is not being stubborn. I expect he is reluctant to walk because of the pain from his tummy.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back